Thread: Plan not offered need to choose a different plan

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Plan not offered need to choose a different plan

I was looking to activate a us mobile plan with unlimited talk and text and 8gb data for $20 but since I bought my device unlocked without any us mobile sim in the box i can not get this plan because it's tied to the us mobile sim that ships with the device... I'd like to know of there are any other good plans on the Verizon network? I've already tried activating on my Verizon postpaid account but it will not work at all even after 30 days of troubleshooting and had them cancel the line completely... What do you suggest for plans? Don't need much just enough data to use text now and Zello so 1GB/month minimum (or whatever works best for GV/text now for 1 month)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    I was looking to activate a us mobile plan with unlimited talk and text and 8gb data for $20 but since I bought my device unlocked without any us mobile sim in the box i can not get this plan because it's tied to the us mobile sim that ships with the device... I'd like to know of there are any other good plans on the Verizon network? I've already tried activating on my Verizon postpaid account but it will not work at all even after 30 days of troubleshooting and had them cancel the line completely... What do you suggest for plans? Don't need much just enough data to use text now and Zello so 1GB/month minimum (or whatever works best for GV/text now for 1 month)

What phone are you talking about? Your Galaxy S10 5G your posting from or another device? You never stated what device.

Also confused what you mean by itís tied to the us mobile sim. When you order service with us mobile they send you a SIM card. An unlocked phone shouldnít come with a sim.

Why didnít it work on Verizon? If itís the phone you posted this from are you sure itís not blacklisted? Thatís the only reason it wouldnít work on Verizon. If itís another phone maybe that phone is not compatible with Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    What phone are you talking about? Your Galaxy S10 5G your posting from or another device? You never stated what device.

Also confused what you mean by itís tied to the us mobile sim. When you order service with us mobile they send you a SIM card. An unlocked phone shouldnít come with a sim.

Why didnít it work on Verizon? If itís the phone you posted this from are you sure itís not blacklisted? Thatís the only reason it wouldnít work on Verizon. If itís another phone maybe that phone is not compatible with Verizon

Ordered an unlocked Palm phone and wasn't supposed to.. was supposed to order the us mobile specific one to get the sim card tied to their promotion... Since I don't have that specific sim card I'm not able to get the promotion... I can't return the phone since I'm past return date... When i activated on Verizon i wasn't able to get any data or calls/text but had 3 bars of signal almost 30 days of tech support did absolutely nothing to fix my problem and ended up canceling and removing it from my account... Lost $20 on the plan from taxes and fees and such even though I didn't even get to use it one single time... Now i have a brick sitting around and selling it will be harder than pulling teeth... Instead of it sitting around i might as well get a cheap plan for it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Plan not offered need to choose a different plan

Ordered an unlocked Palm phone and wasn't supposed to.. was supposed to order the us mobile specific one to get the sim card tied to their promotion... Since I don't have that specific sim card I'm not able to get the promotion... I can't return the phone since I'm past return date... When i activated on Verizon i wasn't able to get any data or calls/text but had 3 bars of signal almost 30 days of tech support did absolutely nothing to fix my problem and ended up canceling and removing it from my account... Lost $20 on the plan from taxes and fees and such even though I didn't even get to use it one single time... Now i have a brick sitting around and selling it will be harder than pulling teeth... Instead of it sitting around i might as well get a cheap plan for it

When you activated on Verizon did you put that SIM card in the phone? What palm phone? The new android based one? If it didnít work on Verizon then itís something with the phone and most definitely wouldnít work on another Verizon MVNO

The android based palm phone US Mobile never sold. Iím pretty sure only Verizon sold it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you activated on Verizon did you put that SIM card in the phone? What palm phone? The new android based one? If it didnít work on Verizon then itís something with the phone and most definitely wouldnít work on another Verizon MVNO

Yes the android palm.. It was getting 4G w/o LTE with 3 bars but when i made a call it would go to no bars and when i hung up it went back to 3 bars... Also couldn't load any internet even with 3 bars.. it needs a new sim from my finding but technically Verizon can't offer one to me because your not supposed to remove the sim they say even though this device is factory unlocked and had no sim in it to begin with

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes the android palm.. It was getting 4G w/o LTE with 3 bars but when i made a call it would go to no bars and when i hung up it went back to 3 bars... Also couldn't load any internet even with 3 bars.. it needs a new sim from my finding but technically Verizon can't offer one because your not supposed to remove the sim even though this device is factory unlocked

If you didnít change the sim to the sim you activated Verizon onto thatís the reason why the phone didnít work. You have to change the sim to whatever sim was activated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you didnít change the sim to the sim you activated Verizon onto thatís the reason why the phone didnít work. You have to change the sim to whatever sim was activated.

Yes I put the activated sim in the phone but nothing worked and about 20 reps later not one person could het it working... Support documents from Verizon state you can't change the sim so when a rep reads they assume it has no sim slot and with their system can not issue a new sim for the phone because it won't let them.. they also combat people changing the sim on this device by both making the hole for the sim slot smaller making sim ejection tools usless and didn't install the spring to pop out the tray meaning you have to hook and pull the tray to remove it... Even on a factory unlocked model

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes I put the activated sim in the phone but nothing worked and about 20 reps later not one person could het it working... Support documents from Verizon state you can't change the sim so when a rep reads they assume it has no sim slot and with their system can not issue a new sim for the phone because it won't let them.. they also combat people changing the sim on this device by both making the hole for the sim slot smaller making sim ejection tools usless and didn't install the spring to pop out the tray meaning you have to hook and pull the tray to remove it... Even on a factory unlocked model

The palm is a Verizon exclusive model. Thereís no such thing as a factory unlocked one. If it was sold as factory unlocked it was a lie.

The phone is only sold by Verizon. Yes itís sold unlocked from Verizon though. But thereís no non Verizon model in the US anyway.

Something is definitely up with the phone in this case

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The palm is a Verizon exclusive model. Thereís no such thing as a factory unlocked one. If it was sold as factory unlocked it was a lie.

The phone is only sold by Verizon. Yes itís sold unlocked from Verizon though. But thereís no non Verizon model in the US anyway.

https://palm.com/products/palm-unlocked

That's the one I ordered

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ahhh Iím mistaken then.

Must be something weird on Verizonís provisioning.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

The Palm phone is available as an unlocked US model. See https://palm.com/pages/unlocked. I don't know if that's what the OP has. FWIW Palm claims that the unlocked model is compatible with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. It looks like it's a CDMA-less device that uses VoLTE for voice so it needs to be set up as such on Verizon.
    See my list of 2019 Cyber Monday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/cm2019.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ahhh Iím mistaken then.

Must be something weird on Verizonís provisioning.

Not one of the 20+ reps could solve the issue so i just cancelled the plan

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyways does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap Verizon service for use with text now 500mb or 1GB with unlimited 2G for under $15? Or something $15 or less with enough data for a month's worth of textnow on Verizon towers

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Anyways does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap Verizon service for use with text now 500mb or 1GB with unlimited 2G for under $15? Or something $15 or less with enough data for a month's worth of textnow on Verizon towers
    Pix Wireless
    UT&T+500MB LTE+Unlimited 2G Speed
    $15/mo TOTAL
    https://pixwireless.com/activation/silver

US Mobile
    1GB LTE/Mo
    $12/30 Days ($10+$2) + Taxes
    https://www.usmobile.com/plans