Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG Fiesta 2 won't power anymore

Feedback Score

LG Fiesta 2 won't power anymore

I have 2 questions---

Today my LG Fiesta 2 shut down and won't power anymore. It's basically a paperweight. Charging doesn't do anything either. I bought it from HSN back in April on 5 easy payments of $27 and change. I made 4 of the payments, and due to financial difficulties, fell behind on the final $27 payment.

Could HSN have turned off my phone for that? Do they even have the capability to do that? This is the only thing that makes sense because i've never had a phone just go completely dead like this. Especially after only 6 months. It doesn't even turn on anymore.

I would just pay the final $27 now, but I never really cared all that much for that damn phone anyways so i'm going to just get another one from Tracfone now.

Second question---when I called Tracfone to temporarily transfer my service back to my previous phone, which is a ZTE Max Duo, they told me they no longer support that phone anymore and couldn't do it. So now I have to rely on wifi with the ZTE till the new phone comes.

Has anyone heard of this? Tracfone just stop supporting phones? I really wanted to go back to my ZTE till the new phone comes, but oh well. Nothing I can do there I guess. It's just weird they don't support it anymore.

The new phone coming is a Samsung Galaxy J2, model S260DL. I hope it's a good replacement. I ordered it quickly after the Fiesta went out. Only drawback is that it's a 5.0" screen so i'm going down from 5.5" from the Fiesta 2. I'll just have to get used to that till I can afford a bigger phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Google has a feature where you can remotely lock your phone that was misplaced or stolen, but I've never heard of a phone being remotely shut off (and prevented from being powered back on).

The ZTE Max Duo was introduced in 2015. It probably doesn't have VoLTE (Voice-Over-LTE) capability which will be required after 2020 on Verizon network (it was scheduled for after 2019 but the date was pushed back). Active non-VoLTE phones will continue to work until end of 2020, but TF/Verizon is not re/activating any non-VoLTE phone.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. So the most likely culprit it seems should be the battery just died I guess? Charging does absolutely nothing for it. I've just never seen anything like this before. And I believe the LG Fiesta 2 is a non removable battery, so in the trash it will go now. And I only had it 6 months, but never warmed up to it so i'm not heartbroken over it.

Thanks also for the info on VoLTE. I didnt know about that and Tracfone didn't bother to explain it to me today on chat. She just said "we don't support that phone anymore."

In any case, I hope the Samsung Galaxy J2 lasts longer than 6 months. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    has the phone gotten wet ?? that would cause it to shut down.

Feedback Score
    No never got wet ever. I was working fine this morning. I put it down on the couch and a few minutes later when I picked it up it was completely dead. Just like that it died.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    The new phone coming is a Samsung Galaxy J2, model S260DL. I hope it's a good replacement. I ordered it quickly after the Fiesta went out. Only drawback is that it's a 5.0" screen so i'm going down from 5.5" from the Fiesta 2. I'll just have to get used to that till I can afford a bigger phone.
    I would check what towers the J2 is on once you get it and what towers you have in your area. I have seen the J2 mainly with T-Mobile SIMs in stores already, and I have not seen it with a Verizon SIM yet tho.

If you need a Verizon SIM, you can look at the J3 Orbit S367VL or the J7 Crown S767VL.

Feedback Score
    I live in the Orlando area and have had great reception using both Verizon and T Mobile phones, so I don't forsee that being an issue for me. I'll take a look at those other phones though. Thanks.

EDIT: I just looked at the Samsung Crown. 5.5" and 13mp camera. Looks much better than the J2. Now I want this one. And it costs the same too.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It was working fine this morning. I put it down on the couch and a few minutes later when I picked it up it was completely dead. Just like that it died.
    Have you tried calling that phone from another phone and see what happens? If the call goes to voicemail, then the phone is offline/dead. If it rings then the screen just went dead. Just a funny story...a few months ago, I picked up a phone that I found in the middle of the street. It had been run over and the screen all cracked/shattered. I tried to work the buttons but it didn't respond. I figured it was dead, so I just put it on the passenger seat and resumed driving. Suddenly, it started saying "At the next intersection, turn right" . Turned out, the phone was in GPS mode and it was still working, but the screen was dead. It was pretty much useless, and there was no owner's info, so I circled back and dropped it near where I found it.

Feedback Score
    I got voicemail. This phone is definitely dead. I still wonder if HSN shut it down for not making that last $27 payment. I know you said you never heard of it, but is it still possible to have a phone remotely shut down like this? It just seems odd the phone would just die completely like this after only 6 months. And it was bought brand new too.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I know you said you never heard of it, but is it still possible to have a phone remotely shut down like this?
    I did a Google search and found This YouTube Video where the guy remotely turned off a phone by sending it a code via text. But that requires the phone to be rooted, then an app installed on it, and a code SET BY THE OWNER. Also, it didn't say that the phone could not be turned back on.

Feedback Score
    Then I guess the phone must have just mysteriously died. It's really strange but I guess it happens?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    6 months old? Don't all TFs still come with a 1 yr warranty?

($135 for a Fiesta 2 sounds high, even with 1yr of service)

Did you try SIM swapping from the Fiesta to the ZTE? Might need a adapter for the SIM size, but should get you service while you work out the replacement.

As for J2 vs J3, don't make rash decisions.
    J2 should be returnable. You can get cheap temporary phones so you have time to research a replacement.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Did you try SIM swapping from the Fiesta to the ZTE? Might need a adapter for the SIM size, but should get you service while you work out the replacement.
    Good suggestion.

Feedback Score
    It's back on again! After seeing the post about changing the SIM card, I fished it out of the drawer to get it, and pressed the on button and the screen woke up saying "0% power needs charge", so I ran to plug it in and it's charging now. I don't understand it at all. I'm going to wait and see what happens when it's fully charged.

I'm now wary about keeping this phone anyway after this, so will still keep the order for the J2 coming. Besides, it's only $79 and I get a year of service, 1500 talk/texts and 1.5 GB data. So even if I don't keep it, the extra service alone makes that worth it. I'll now have service until April 2022 with this, so it's no loss.

But what happened with this phone is weird and I don't trust it anymore. It's at 3% charging and will update when/if it's up and running again.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's back on again! After seeing the post about changing the SIM card, I fished it out of the drawer to get it, and pressed the on button and the screen woke up saying "0% power needs charge", so I ran to plug it in and it's charging now. I don't understand it at all. I'm going to wait and see what happens when it's fully charged.
    My wife's Fiesta 2 (on TF/T-mo) bought and activated in Feb 2019 had a similar experience. With her low usage and the Fiesta 2's big battery, it usually uses 5-6% per day and lasts 13-14 days between charges (I recharge it at 20%). About 2-3 months ago, it was beeping "Low Battery" when I didn't expect it to, I checked and it was down to 5%. I looked at Battery Usage and somehow overnight it used almost 65%, the culprit was Google Play Services. I searched the Internet and found quite a few complaints about a Google Play Services update that causes very high battery usage. So I disabled all Google Play apps on her phone and no longer update apps on it. She only uses her phone for talk, text, taking pictures anyway. I recharged her phone and it's been back to normal since.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast