Thread: Auto Recharge system failed. Lost entire account balance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score

Auto Recharge system failed. Lost entire account balance.

Auto-recharge failed to process on the date it was supposed to (September 26) and my father's Pay As You Go account plan expired. As a result, his ~$40 balance was wiped out. I spoke to an H2O chat agent and he got auto-recharge working again but the balance was still reset. I had to speak to another chat agent and he was very nice and friendly, but said it was policy for the balance to be wiped out if a plan expires.

That make sense, but auto-recharge failure was on H2O, not us. I asked him to explain why it failed, and he claimed it was due to information not matching. However, the previous agent was able to start auto-recharge again with no information from us other than our phone number. So clearly, the information did match. I continued to press him for the reason why it failed, and he ignored the questions and just apologized multiple times. The only reason for him to refuse to tell me which information did not match is because it was a lie.

If we just forgot to renew, I would let it go. But their system did not work as it should. Any ideas on how to get my father's balance back?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    See my thread below about account/website issues. My recharge from the website never worked. I had to do a RTR from CallingMart, and even they had problems recharging (but got it done). My chat transcript shows the rep saying that they are making changes to their system.

I was afraid to lose my (large) balance too. I don't know what can make them restore your balance. I think PureTalk is making changes with their takeover of H2O. Maybe a complaint to PureTalk would help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I have never had a customer successfully set up auto pay. They call me every month to complain about it and then pay it through my store. I wouldn’t trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey, there! Your H2O team here!

I've replied to your private message. Let's continue our conversation there, so I can better assist you with your father's account. ��

Keila T. Team H2O 1 (800) 643-4926 [email protected]

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully I won't have an issue in early November. It has renewed automatically for quite some time ($52 balance at $10/3 months).

The number is more important to me than the balance. It is the number tied to many of my accounts.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Hopefully I won't have an issue in early November. It has renewed automatically for quite some time ($52 balance at $10/3 months).

The number is more important to me than the balance. It is the number tied to many of my accounts.
    If auto recharge fails, you will have 30 days to bring the balance positive before you lose your number. So if you care more about the number than the balance, I wouldn't worry about it too much as you will have an entire month to get it fixed.

Anyway, H2O has restored my father's account balance to the original amount after sending a PM to H2O on Howard Forums to look into for me. Thanks H2O for your help.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Luckily mine worked or I would have been moving.