Thread: Canadian coverage with unlimited and more

Feedback Score

Canadian coverage with unlimited and more

I spoke with ATT to confirm what I had read and the rep had to keep going offline to research.

I wanted to confirm that with my unlimited more plan I can still have unlimited voice and data while in Canada. My main concern is if I don't hit an ATT tower and a Canadian provider shows up on my phone am I still not going to incur any roaming fees of any kind pursuant to some agreement ATT hopefully has with Canada and Mexico?

ATT rep said I would not have any roaming charges at any time for any use of my phone. Can anyone confirm this as well?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    With the plan you have, your phone will work the same as it would in the states. The only difference is it won’t say AT&T—it will say Rogers, Bell, or Telus.

You won’t incur any roaming charges.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    I travel Canada a lot and I have Premium and More plan. I’ve never had a problem with service there. The only advice: call Att international dept. and ask them to push “Manual Network Selection” your SIM card. This way you can manually select provider in Canada. Otherwise you be mostly on Rogers. Rogers was one the best 15 years ago and it was Att-Rogers that days, but now Telus and Bell are better.

P.S. Call Att Mon-Fri 9-5, since many regular afterhour CS reps fo not know what is Manual Network Selection. If they refuse simply hang up and call them back again. If they push it successfully here in the USA you will see the menu to choose network. I just bought iPhone 11 pro max and it took for me 2 phone calls and escalation to level 2 support to have it pushed on my eSIM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice and confirmation.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Feedback Score
    Yeah just called they had NO CLUE what I was even talking about in terms of adding manual network selection. Ho hum.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    Yeah just called they had NO CLUE what I was even talking about in terms of adding manual network selection. Ho hum.
    I've been trying to get manual network selection turned on for Prepaid with no dice (in theory, Prepaid supposedly works on all three carriers), and was bounced around a few places, including a rep that proceeded to explain to me (incorrectly) how roaming worked. Years ago, I was able to get it enabled on postpaid, but that was many steps, so it seems that it's still finding the right person to talk to that is willing to listen (for postpaid at least). I've given up on it for Prepaid, so fingers-crossed Rogers is fine.