Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Major issues on Verizon Wireless' network for Android 10 / Pixel phone users

Feedback Score
    They test the device with the original software before they let those devices work in their network.
    But when a manufacturer (Google) pushes an update, it's his responsibility to test. The manufacturers sometimes pay VZW for re-testing, sometimes they don't, just to save a buck.

What puzzles me is that some people still are confused who is to blame here. Want VZW to take action? Well... all they can do is ban the devices with that update from their network. Is that what you want?
    They can't other way force Google to fix the code.

And BTW, VerizonWireless does NOT sell the Pixel 4, so it might not even be certified:
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Good post. The lesson here is stop blaming Verizon and reach to Google the developer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    They test the device with the original software before they let those devices work in their network.
    But when a manufacturer (Google) pushes an update, it's his responsibility to test. The manufacturers sometimes pay VZW for re-testing, sometimes they don't, just to save a buck.

What puzzles me is that some people still are confused who is to blame here. Want VZW to take action? Well... all they can do is ban the devices with that update from their network. Is that what you want?

And BTW, VerizonWireless does NOT sell the Pixel 4, so it might not even be certified:
    Agree 100%!

However even Google doesn't sell the Pixel 4 yet. It won't be released until Oct 15.
    https://store.google.com/

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score

I am told by the executive office that it would not just be initial device testing/certification but for updates too. That is my understanding over the years as well because I had past complaints where Verizon took too long of a time to test/certify software updates leading them to be available a very long time after initial release by the manufacturer/developer.

The Pixel 4 is not released yet.

For sake of argument, lets make this generic and say I owned a billion dollar company offering a service to end users and all of the sudden there was a major issue I was alerted to. Even if not my software but devices were on my service were severely impacted to the point where they weren't working on my service, I sure as hell would do my best to try to contact the responsible party directly to get a fix ASAP. Its not about placing blame but its about getting a solution. Some times a simple/quick email or phone call can get the ball rolling.

Feedback Score
    No issue here on iPhone X.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Pixel 2 XL has been pretty problem free on VZW since the Android 10 update. I took a ~3000 mile long driving trip to Canada, and back, and other than a couple expected dead spots in deep farm country I had great voice and data coverage the whole time.

Feedback Score
    Pixel 2XL user here. no issues what so ever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    No issue here on iPhone X.
    The iPhone doesn't use Android. You're either being a troll or just a moron.

Feedback Score
    Recertification has to be done at every major upgrade of the OS. Probably at smaller updates too, if the modem code changes.
    However, that means the code is not affecting the network stability. It is still not the network job to alert the manufacturer that his code is buggy.
    If I have any issues with my Samsung phone, I fire up emails or phone convo with Samsung.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Recertification has to be done at every major upgrade of the OS. Probably at smaller updates too, if the modem code changes.
    However, that means the code is not affecting the network stability. It is still not the network job to alert the manufacturer that his code is buggy.
    If I have any issues with my Samsung phone, I fire up emails or phone convo with Samsung.
    VZW is selling the phone (Pixel 3 product line), taking people's money in exchange, and the phone is having issue. They may have a legal obligation to work to resolve especially now that its a known issue. Otherwise they are continuing to sell a defective product.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you feel so passionate about the issue, file a request to the FCC. Complaining here won't help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2