Thread: Question about infinite data and max speed pass add-on

Feedback Score

Question about infinite data and max speed pass add-on

I have the infinite data plan (20GB) with Rogers. I notice my data seems slow and I happened to logon to my profile through Rogers.com and it noted something to the affect (reduced speed data). I look at the data indicator which says 1.89GB used which is far less than the 20GB allotment included in my plan but I cannot see a breakdown. I surely did not use 20GB but does the 1.89GB mean this is how much I've gone over? It has a plus symbol next to it saying "Add Max Speed Data".

I'm trying to click on usage to see the total amount used but it does not give a breakdown. Just says Unlimited with the infinite logo (sideways 8) and underneath, it says "using data at reduced speed" with the plus symbol again saying "Add Max Speed Data".

The reason I say I cannot use 20GB is I'm a low data user (emails, MMS and some surfing) plus I was out of town and did not have my phone with me (turned off) for 12 days. I know this is a simple resolution with a phone call to customer service but I've been busy working and have had no luck with hold times etc...

Feedback Score

Question about infinite data and max speed pass add-on

Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    I have the infinite data plan (20GB) with Rogers. I notice my data seems slow and I happened to logon to my profile through Rogers.com and it noted something to the affect (reduced speed data). I look at the data indicator which says 1.89GB used which is far less than the 20GB allotment included in my plan but I cannot see a breakdown. I surely did not use 20GB but does the 1.89GB mean this is how much I've gone over? It has a plus symbol next to it saying "Add Max Speed Data"...
    What was the result of your Speedtest at the time?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    I have the infinite data plan (20GB) with Rogers. I notice my data seems slow and I happened to logon to my profile through Rogers.com and it noted something to the affect (reduced speed data). I look at the data indicator which says 1.89GB used which is far less than the 20GB allotment included in my plan but I cannot see a breakdown. I surely did not use 20GB but does the 1.89GB mean this is how much I've gone over? It has a plus symbol next to it saying "Add Max Speed Data".

I'm trying to click on usage to see the total amount used but it does not give a breakdown. Just says Unlimited with the infinite logo (sideways 8) and underneath, it says "using data at reduced speed" with the plus symbol again saying "Add Max Speed Data".

The reason I say I cannot use 20GB is I'm a low data user (emails, MMS and some surfing) plus I was out of town and did not have my phone with me (turned off) for 12 days. I know this is a simple resolution with a phone call to customer service but I've been busy working and have had no luck with hold times etc...

Hi there, did you happen to recently change your price plan to Rogers Infinite? Changes to the price plan in the middle of the billing cycle can impact your data usage. Additionally you can view the usage while you're still within the allotted amount. It switches to the infinite symbol once you've used up the data included in your plan.

Hope this helps!

-Zara

Feedback Score
    Zara:

You are correct! I did change the plan and although it's infinite, they set a data limit based on pro-rated usage. As a result, I had lower data speed but was also using a different device which was hogging data behind the scenes due to some background apps I was running. All is resolved.