Thread: FirstNet in Canada/Mexico - Use Black or Orange SIM?

Feedback Score

FirstNet in Canada/Mexico - Use Black or Orange SIM?

Any FirstNet users who goto Canada / Mexico - are you using your black or orange sim so as not to get charged for voice/text/data when calling back to the US or to use to call local numbers in that country?

The rep at the ATT corporate store said to use the orange sim, but firstnet rep is saying to use the black sim. Just don't want to come back to home and see a bunch of international charges when we should have unlimited talk/text/data in canada/mexico for both local numbers and calling back to the states.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max (personal), iPhone XS Max (work)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (personal), AT&T/FirstNet (work)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ymarker View Post
    Any FirstNet users who goto Canada / Mexico - are you using your black or orange sim so as not to get charged for voice/text/data when calling back to the US or to use to call local numbers in that country?

The rep at the ATT corporate store said to use the orange sim, but firstnet rep is saying to use the black sim. Just don't want to come back to home and see a bunch of international charges when we should have unlimited talk/text/data in canada/mexico for both local numbers and calling back to the states.
    Both will work fine. I was in Canada and used a black SIM on my agency-paid/CRU to make calls and use data with no extra charges... and I have had other agency-paid users with orange or black SIMs go to Mexico with no charges.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    Both will work fine. I was in Canada and used a black SIM on my agency-paid/CRU to make calls and use data with no extra charges... and I have had other agency-paid users with orange or black SIMs go to Mexico with no charges.
    Any data points for sub paid, i.e not agency paid accounts - hopefully it is similar.