Thread: Payment method declind on Net 10 site

Feedback Score

Payment method declind on Net 10 site

I had a message this morning that my payment method was declined even though I know the information is good in my account. First I got the declined message in Red - and then I got a popup from Net10 saying we're sorry we cannot process your payment information at this time. Please call our 800 number for assistance.

I've not called my bank yet but I kept records of the chat transcripts and a screenshot of the message where it says declined. But what gives here. Anyone else have payment issues with Net 10? I have had Net 10 now for quite a few months - never a single problem (maybe sim issues) but I solved those mainly on my own.

-Edit a payment is shown as pending in my bank-

Feedback Score
    Update - I called my bank it says the payment was approved and if it posts after 72 hours to file a dispute with my bank.

Feedback Score
    Net10's payment processor probably encountered a computer delay and just gave up. You know, like when we ask for our balances and the system just gives up.

It's a real pain when our to-do lists get bogged down with issues. I am currently in a reimbursement issue with AAA. It was obvious that their CS did not bother with my complaint, so I stepped it up to the BBB. I thank Tracfone for the experience with the BBB. We'll see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    Update - I called my bank it says the payment was approved and if it posts after 72 hours to file a dispute with my bank.
    Bank postings usually don't take that long to clear. Sometimes on weekends. Don't you have online banking to check such things?

Feedback Score
    Yes I have online banking. I called my bank because I wanted to let them know Net 10 told me my Payment was declined but my bank account showed a pending charge. They told me per Visa Rules, they have 72 hours to claim the money, if it elapses and they did not claim it, it gets returned. I am monitoring my bank account to see what happened if not I am going to file a dispute with my bank.

FYI someone on the forum named "MiaNet" or whatever their name was PM me with their standard script, the same thing they gave me on their Facebook page. They do not read what has been done already and reply with the same information. I am researching alternative cell phone providers and even was told by ATT that my husband can add me on his plan for just $20 more and I get unlimited everything. Sounds tempting. Net 10 Customer Service has been less than helpful in this situation. Pfft!