Thread: What are the best refurbished Verizon Android phones?

Feedback Score

What are the best refurbished Verizon Android phones?

Howdy.

It's been about five years since I've been on here so forgive me please, if I ain't doin it right. 🤠

I've got a stepson in Florida that needs another Smartphone. I'm buying it for him, of course but he needs a replacement smartphone that works on Verizon. I'm not able to buy him an iPhone X or the newest Galaxy (I'd get one for me, instead)but what are decent, modernist refurbished phones for less than $100? Preferably Android but he might get what he gets....

Thanks so much!
    Dave

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldroadfan View Post
    Howdy.

It's been about five years since I've been on here so forgive me please, if I ain't doin it right. 🤠

I've got a stepson in Florida that needs another Smartphone. I'm buying it for him, of course but he needs a replacement smartphone that works on Verizon. I'm not able to buy him an iPhone X or the newest Galaxy (I'd get one for me, instead)but what are decent, modernist refurbished phones for less than $100? Preferably Android but he might get what he gets....

Thanks so much!
    Dave
    Less than $100 is on the low end for decent, modern, Verizon phones, but there are a few.

I use a Moto G6 with Verizon. I find it completely adequate. They can be found at about $100 refurbed, or new if you catch a sale.

Verizon is in a transition period for compatible phones. They plan to shutdown the legacy CDMA that they used for voice and text at the end of 2020. Any phone for new activation is required to be VoLTE compatible. Many of the phones that show up in a refurb Verizon phone search on eBay are not VoLTE compatible and couldn't even be activated, so beware.

Good luck

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, IPhone 6s, Defective Umidigi Power
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonPP, Red Pocket A,T,V
    Feedback Score
    Look for a Motorola X4.. You can find them new in the $130 range if you can go that much. New battery, new screen, Android 9. And works on all carriers so he can switch in the future if he wants.