Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone and the end of Verizon 3G?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just ran into a new home phone box for people that is still waiting: https://support.straighttalk.com/dev...e?device=25037. So not to sure what happened to the Franklin box because a few of my local Walmarts have removed the Franklin price tag off the shelves.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I just ran into a new home phone box for people that is still waiting: https://support.straighttalk.com/dev...e?device=25037. So not to sure what happened to the Franklin box because a few of my local Walmarts have removed the Franklin price tag off the shelves.
    Thanks for the update. I could not find the new unit being sold at ST. They still have the ZTE for $50 new, $20 refurbed.

I did receive the refurbed ZTE I ordered. I activated and connected an old analog phone. The unit looks like-new and works fine. The call audio quality is ok, but not as clear as true landline or my Obi. It's good enough for my use as a backup to the Obi. It generally shows 2 of 4 signal bars so my signal is not great. I don't have a good place to put it for better signal.

I tried it one time on my fax. It did not work. The audio sounded gnarly when it tried to connect to the receiving fax. It was just a test to satisfy my curiosity. I don't need it to work for fax.

I have not replaced my alarm console that got zapped by lightning yet to try that.

The number I got seems to be pretty clean. I have been getting a few calls a week. That is about the same as I get on my cellphone. Only "The System" has the number to call it. No one I know has the number.

I noticed that you get a very limited time to "dial" a number before it times out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2