Thread: Freedom Mobile in Collingwood?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Freedom Mobile in Collingwood?

Up in Collingwood, Ontario for the week and my wife's been having issues with data on her Samsung 10 on Freedom. I took a look it today and she has a strong voice signal but no data; I also noticed there was no 'R' beside her signal meter indicating Roaming or Nationwide. I checked the network connection which stated 'Home'. I searched networks and connected manually to Nationwide and got her data working. Does this indicate Freedom is tower testing up here or is it just a glitch? Does anyone still check the new tower registrations, I know someone did almost daily at one point.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    How would I go about checking if there is tower testing up here? I tried OpenSignal but it won't name the tower operators for some reason.
    Last edited by Mann Incognito; 10-16-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Next time you're connected to the home signal, you should be able to dial *#0011# and get cell info. Screen shot it for future reference. Try searching the cell IDs in cell mapper for existing tower matches.

Feedback Score
    There are no cell towers in the area. Take a look at this cell tower map.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    There are no cell towers in the area. Take a look at this cell tower map.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
    While I appreciate the fact that no cell towers are showing on the map, we were still randomly connected to a what showed as a 'Home' (not 'Freedom')' signal at least 3 times while in Collingwood and I can't think of any other reason why

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewl View Post
    Next time you're connected to the home signal, you should be able to dial *#0011# and get cell info. Screen shot it for future reference. Try searching the cell IDs in cell mapper for existing tower matches.
    She connected at least another two times that she knew of to a 'Home' network. Unfortunately, both times were too short to try that method.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    How would I go about checking if there is tower testing up here? I tried OpenSignal but it won't name the tower operators for some reason.
    You can always check the latest ISED database, but it looks like it's Oct 2, which is the same date that ertyu refreshed their data. Here is the source: http://www.ic.gc.ca/engineering/SMS_...ta_Extract.zip
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581