Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unlock Code question

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Unlock Code question

Hey guys, I have a Moto G 7 Supra on Cricket and I'm trying to get an unlock code. I believe I have met all their requirements to get one but I'm still having problems. Tried my online account and mycricket app and still no go. I posted to their community forum but it doesn't get a lot of activity.

My question: If and when I manage to unlock this phone, will I be able to pop in my sim card from an AT&T account and it would work? Any settings that would need changing or is it simply just popping in the card?

Thanks....

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    If you've tried the app and it didn't unlock you haven't met all the conditions yet. According to what I read it takes 6 months on Cricket. I don't think that phone has been out 6 months yet.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    If you've tried the app and it didn't unlock you haven't met all the conditions yet. According to what I read it takes 6 months on Cricket. I don't think that phone has been out 6 months yet.
    CD, Thanks for your reply.

I purchased this phone from Cricket on 5-14-19 and signed up for the 5 GB plan.

Counting from May to October and paying in May and October, wouldn't that qualify as 6 months?

Thanks....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No. It wouldn't be eligible until November 14th unless you can find someone that can unlock it before then. I've 4 that I just recently bought and have had no luck finding anyone to unlock them. I also have 4 on Metro that won't be eligible until Dec 15th. Since I'm almost there on those I'll just wait 2 more months.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No. It wouldn't be eligible until November 14th unless you can find someone that can unlock it before then. I've 4 that I just recently bought and have had no luck finding anyone to unlock them. I also have 4 on Metro that won't be eligible until Dec 15th. Since I'm almost there on those I'll just wait 2 more months.
    So paying for 6 consecutive months isn't good enough?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    CD, Thanks for your reply. I purchased this phone from Cricket on 5-14-19 and signed up for the 5 GB plan. Counting from May to October and paying in May and October, wouldn't that qualify as 6 months? Thanks....
    should be the end of october i believe cricket goes by the complete month.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Thanks, I guess I will wait til then and try again. After it's unlocked will I be able to pop in an AT&T sim?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That's still only going to be 5 months. If they go by complete months that would be the end of November.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I guess I will wait til then and try again. After it's unlocked will I be able to pop in an AT&T sim?
    Yes. When it finally unlocks you'll be able to use it on at&t, T-Mobile or Metro.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So paying for 6 consecutive months isn't good enough?
    I believe it has to be 180 days of service.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe it has to be 180 days of service.
    As per their web site:" The device you want to unlock has been active for at least six (6) months of paid service."

I have paid for six months of service so according to their own site I should be eligible for an unlock code?

If it's 180 days as you mentioned they should clearly state that.

Thanks again for your replies....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As per their web site:" The device you want to unlock has been active for at least six (6) months of paid service."

I have paid for six months of service so according to their own site I should be eligible for an unlock code?

If it's 180 days as you mentioned they should clearly state that.

Thanks again for your replies....
    There you go, you answered you own question. Six months of active paid service. It won't be six months of "active paid service" until November 14th.

Feedback Score
    So does that mean the phone has to be USED for six months or that you purchase the phone six months ago? What happens if u don't put the sim in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepizzapasta View Post
    So does that mean the phone has to be USED for six months or that you purchase the phone six months ago? What happens if u don't put the sim in?
    The rumor on forums last year was that if you remove the sim at all (say for example to try another phone, or to give your iPad a data connection), that the 6 month clock starts over.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There you go, you answered you own question. Six months of active paid service. It won't be six months of "active paid service" until November 14th.
    Looks like you're spot on CD. Not that I doubted your reply to my post, but I was curious as to what Cricket had to say about the six month of active service.

Here is their reply to my question, and I'm pasting here:

6 months of active service means that the customer must have used the device on the active Cricket account for 6 months (180 days). The time does not restart if you change devices or remove the SIM card. Cricket counts the days that the device is being used on the active Cricket account. You can review additional information on our device unlock policy by following the link below: End:

Thanks again for your help. Looks like I'm waiting til Nov. 14 just as you said until I can get an unlock code.

Another stupid question, according to a Cricket rep, Cricket counts the days that the device is being used towards the 180 day requirement, does that mean if you don't use your phone for a week, that it doesn't count toward that 180 day requirement.

I know I'm a little anal sometimes trying to figure things out but that's just me.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast