Thread: Porting Verizon landline number to Red Pocket Wireless

Feedback Score

Angry Porting Verizon landline number to Red Pocket Wireless

I'm having porting my landline number from Verizon to Red Pocket wireless (MVNO). I'm getting the error message,

"Error! Error These Mdns are ineligible for porting"

My address is correct, zip code is correct, spoke to Verizon, spoke to Red Pocket BUT....can't figure it out.

I moved from the (609) area code to the (732) area code. BUT, that shouldn't matter if it becomes a mobile number, correct?

Anybody else faced this before? What's the solution?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by mitramiyer; 10-17-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitramiyer View Post
    I'm having porting my landline number from Verizon to RedPoint wireless (MVNO). I'm getting the error message,

"Error! Error These Mdns are ineligible for porting"

My address is correct, zip code is correct, spoke to Verizon, spoke to RedPoint BUT....can't figure it out.

I moved from the (609) area code to the (732) area code. BUT, that shouldn't matter if it becomes a mobile number, correct?

Anybody else faced this before? What's the solution?

Many thanks!
    Who is RedPoint wireless? Never heard of that and google comes up with nothing. You mean RedPocket?

MDN means your phone number not your info. It means your number is not portable to them. Would have to try another carrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    You are right. It is Red Pocket.

So, it's my number. What is it about my number that could make it unportable? How do I find a carrier that will 'accept' the ported number? I have a GSM iPhone unlocked and usable on AT&T networks.

Many thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    You are right. It is Red Pocket.

So, it's my number. What is it about my number that could make it unportable? How do I find a carrier that will 'accept' the ported number? I have a GSM iPhone unlocked and usable on AT&T networks.

Many thanks!
    Number portability determines the actual number, location, and a few other factors I’m not well educated on. But not the device it’s going on.

Example I have one number that can only be ported to wireless carriers Verizon , T-Mobile, AT&T etc

But it can’t be porter to landline or voip carriers like AT&T uverse, magic jack, google voice etc.

If you’d like check your number portability status at these links

AT&T - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/tr...ournumber.html

Verizon- https://www.verizonwireless.com/switch-to-verizon/

T-Mobile - https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/keep-your-number

Check your number on those sites and see what results you get. The results should also apply to MVNOs.

If you don’t mind update here on the results you get very curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I checked a # at the AT&T link, and it came back a NOT eligible. I decided to check a DIFFERENT #, and the way the page works is that then both #s checked are displayed. After I checked the second #, the FIRST # was then showing eligible!

So, if you get a not eligible result at that AT&T link, you could try inputting a second # to see if that changes the result for the first #.

Feedback Score
    Strange soup this.

OP GL & please update us.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    You are right. My number is portable to Verizon and T-Mobile only, NOT AT&T. That narrows my choices but life goes on...

This is my second number and I don't want to spend $40+/month. I expect to use it to primarily receive calls (less than 500 mins/month). Don't need data (I use my primary number for all my data needs). I already have an unlocked GSM iPhone. How do I now find a T-Mobile MVNO that will accept this port?

Feedback Score
    Just a quick suggestion you may want to check out. I saw this posted on nthforum today.
    Ultramobile has an offer for purchasing 3 months with 3 months free or 6 months with 6 months free. The charge is half their regular cost and seems to be a limited time offer.
    If interested in the 6+6 deal, it comes out to $10.50/mo or $126/yr.
    Unlimited calls and texts plus 3GB data plus hotspot. Looked like international calling to 80 countries.
    They send the sim when you purchase the plan. Fully refundable only if sim not opened and/or activated.
    This uses the TMobile network, so it might work for you. And the price is good, even if there are features you think you would not use.

The link is just ultramobile.com.
    The details are on the page.

Feedback Score
    Many thanks! I decided to go with Ting (ting.com) in which you only pay if you use it. Since it's my second phone which only has INCOMING calls, Ting makes more sense.
    I spoke to the customer service rep who sent me a SIM in just 2 days. It took me LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES for the number to be ported from Verizon.
    Porting is very painful until it is not!
    Many thanks for all your suggestions and help, particularly hyelton with the carrier portability checking links!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Many thanks! I decided to go with Ting (ting.com) in which you only pay if you use it. Since it's my second phone which only has INCOMING calls, Ting makes more sense.
    I spoke to the customer service rep who sent me a SIM in just 2 days. It took me LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES for the number to be ported from Verizon.
    Porting is very painful until it is not!
    Many thanks for all your suggestions and help, particularly hyelton with the carrier portability checking links!
    Can you please explain how Ting only charges if you use it?

I thought Ting charges a $6/mo minimum line charge, even if there's no usage, and then charges more with any usage, i.e. $3 for 1-100 minutes plus $3 for 1-100 texts, and then it goes up from there, which seems very expensive.

Has that changed? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Boz, you are right. Ting has a $6 minimum monthly charge. That's probably all I'll pay with this phone.

Feedback Score
    Boz, you are right. Ting has a $6 minimum monthly charge. That's probably all I'll pay with this phone.
    That and taxes, but less if you use our referral program even once and/or you have a reddit account.

If you do end up with questions re: Ting, you can ask me here or email me directly at [email protected] -- I honestly don't use HF as much as I should.

Disclosure: I work for Ting.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I see. It just seems like $6/mo, or $72/year, plus taxes, is a lot to pay for nothing. Of course, every person needs to do what's right for them, which I do understand.