Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Voicemail "function is unavailable" last 2 days

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Voicemail "function is unavailable" last 2 days

Does anyone else have this problem? I am using an iphone 6 with an ATT BYOP tracfone simcard. For the last 2
    days I have been unable to retrieve any voicemails. Of course it tells me it is "unavailabe" from this phone. I moved the simcard to another iphone and a Samsung Note with the same results. When I try to retrieve the 2 voicemails I have it is "unavailable".

When I call the number from another phone and try to retrieve the voicemails it lets me enter my password but then says it is "unavailable". Also I may or maynot have the opportunity to leave a VM when calling from another phone.
    One of the voicemails was very important - luckily I saw the number under recents and called the fellow who gave me the information verbally.

What do you think? Is this a simcard problem?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    It's possible that the voicemail server for your number/area is down. I have a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM in my LG Q6. I just now put it into airplane mode, called it from another phone and left a voicemail message. Then I used the other phone to get into my voicemail box and retrieve/delete the message. No problems.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Agree. Sounds like a server issue.

Since access from another line didn't work there's no reason to suspect the SIM.

Feedback Score
    I just noticed this problem with my AT&T Tracfone yesterday. Am in Colorado. Guess it could have been going on weeks without my noticing since I don't use my phone a lot, but even so that seems a long time.

Should have looked for a thread on the problem before starting my own, but I didn't, and hpham helped me out there pointing out this thread and giving a link to this news article about the problem.

Everything else is working fine on my phone, so I guess I'll just be patient.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is now day 4 for me being unable to retrieve voicemails. When I call my phone and VM kicks in when I press the # key it says
    "You have pressed an incorrect key". So, of course, no voicemails can be heard. I called the number and was able to leave a VM
    but so what.

I read the news article but ATT doesnt offer any solution or have any timeframe for a solution. It must be my region as my son in
    San Diego can access his TF ATT voicemail. Tribalrose: do you have the ATT voicemail number your phone calls???
    Mine is 480/225-2975. Is yours the same?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    It is now day 4 for me being unable to retrieve voicemails. When I call my phone and VM kicks in when I press the # key it says
    "You have pressed an incorrect key". So, of course, no voicemails can be heard.

I read the news article but ATT doesnt offer any solution or have any timeframe for a solution. It must be my region as my son in San Diego can access his TF ATT voicemail. Tribalrose: do you have the ATT voicemail number your phone calls???
    Mine is 480/225-2975. Is yours the same?
    To interrupt the VM greeting to enter your password, you press "*" on AT&T Voicemail System. The "#" is for Verizon Voicemail system.

On my BYOP TF/AT&T phone, the voicemail number is 816-225-0010 which is a Kansas City, MO number. I'm in Kansas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    On my BYOP TF/AT&T phone, the voicemail number is 816-225-0010 which is a Kansas City, MO number. I'm in Kansas.
    Yes, AT&T VM numbers are all regional. Doesn't a long press of the "1" key on the phone dialer access that number?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, AT&T VM numbers are all regional. Doesn't a long press of the "1" key on the phone dialer access that number?
    Yes, long press of the "1" key on the dialpad will dial VM. I think weiden1 just wanted to know if other members have the same number on their phones.

I don't know what will happen if weiden1 dials a VM number that's different from his.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    To interrupt the VM greeting to enter your password, you press "*" on AT&T Voicemail System. The "#" is for Verizon Voicemail system.
    Yes, you are correct. Think I tried it so many times I forgot which one to push. Pushing the * lets me enter my
    password, but then I am told that "function is not available". No Kiddin' !! I tried calling your VM number but then
    it asks for a box number. Punching in my phone number just gets another error message.

Calling my number from another phone just tells me the function is not available.

Feedback Score
    Well I just called my # from another line. Left a VM.
    Missed call notification = yes. Voicemail notification = no.

Called my VM# from my phone & another phone = this service is unavailable.

Son of a *****!

Wtf. Probably AT&T got hacked & they're not saying **** about it.

Any timeline on the ransom being paid or a fix?????
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Update I just called AT&T @
    Wireless customer support
    Chat Live (when available)
    Call us at 800.331.0500
    Mon-Sun, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Local time

I was VERY nice & calm. Explained I as many others in the nation cannot retrieve my VM. Rep escalated my problem & said that AT&T told the reps once a specific # was escalated the problem will (not might) be fixed within 24-72hrs.

Was asked for my first name only. Confirmed rep had my correct #.
    Did not mention I'm on a AT&T MVNO & not on AT&T proper. And rep didn't ask.

Within a minute of end of call received this text:
    AT&T Free Msg: Thank you for contacting us regarding how to use your handset. Device support information is also available at xxxxxxxx.com.

I responded:
    Niceties............ I know how to use my phone. I am experiencing as others in the nation that I cannot retrieve my voicemail. This is a system-wide problem as you know please do your best for me to fix my problem at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Niceties....

I'm sure it was an automated response & the "....regarding how to use your handset...." is disconcerting. But still I am a bit hopeful.

Feedback Score
    I doubt if AT&T can fix this directly. They are responsible for forwarding the call to the VM center, and then they wash their hands of it. The VM center is probably a contractor or whatever it's called and the place has one clueless person running it.

I am having this problem with another company. The frontline reps really try to help you, but it's nothing but a joke past that point. Hence the canned responses that imply that the customers are just stupid pests.

Feedback Score
    SOLVED for me. All I did is in post#11. The rep escalated it & got it fixed. Emphasis on "VERY nice & calm".

Below written before I knew I was sorted. Left for posterity.
    If true how the **** can AT&T farm out their VM. That's messed up. VM should be kept in-house for ***** sake.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If true how the **** can AT&T farm out their VM. That's messed up. VM should be kept in-house for ***** sake.
    It's true. Read the new story linked earlier.
    I expect the other carriers do the same.

Same way AT&T farms out email service (to Yahoo!). And no way to contact the actual service provider.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 10-23-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Feedback Score
    wieden1 - Sorry, my voice mail number is different. 970 AC. Since mine started working, it has consistently done so. Guess it's fixed for this area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast