Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Venting,- Everybody collects tax,Gone are the days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    And be ready to be charged with tax evasion and mail fraud (federal offense).
    He's right. The IRS investigates people who evade taxes on eBay by using a fake address. In fact, they're likely monitoring this website as we speak and working with the CIA to track down your identity. Criminals like you should be locked up.

Sent from my moto g(7) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    If the IRS investigates a company selling out of state and confiscated their sales records, they can inform the taxing agency in the buyer's state. If you don't pay the state, they can turn it back to the IRS and can deduct it from any future income tax refunds. Happened to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If the IRS investigates a company selling out of state and confiscated their sales records, they can inform the taxing agency in the buyer's state. If you don't pay the state, they can turn it back to the IRS and can deduct it from any future income tax refunds. Happened to me.
    The likelihood of this happening with eBay are very low. I would totally gamble on this and most likely win every time.

Sent from my moto g(7) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8820 (WiFi/UMA/GPS)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile w/ [email protected]
    Feedback Score
    Taxes are indeed theft. Change my mind.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Please enlighten us on the comment that "taxes are indeed theft". There are government services that are funded by taxes. Is there an alternative way to fund them or what alternative can you suggest? I may not agree with all the methods that government spends those funds, but I do realize that I have to be realistic with my expectations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Please enlighten us on the comment that "taxes are indeed theft". There are government services that are funded by taxes. Is there an alternative way to fund them or what alternative can you suggest? I may not agree with all the methods that government spends those funds, but I do realize that I have to be realistic with my expectations.

I don't know the answer, and tbh there prob isn't a good way to fund certain things without simply taking it from people. I'm just fundamentally opposed to it because you don't get a say so & all the mismanagement, boondoggles, etc it surely goes to.

Individually simple things like buying groceries for your family to buying/owning a car, which has numerous taxes involved even if bought flat out. The purchase price is taxed, the registration, your license, tagging it yearly, the gas is taxed, the traffic cops you fund salaries for sitting in intersections handing out tickets (another form of tax/revenue), etc. And if you don't play along then you can't drive and could go to jail even (the jail built with taxes). Similar is owning a home. If you don't pay property taxes yearly, they take it. So it really isn't yours if that's the case. Its just kinda sorta yours if others can swoop in.

So I don't know. I just know most taxes are probably a load of BS and another way to squeeze people for God knows what. That's all.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No argument here. Thank for a better understanding of what you said earlier. It's all good.

Feedback Score
    How is this different from living next to a no tax state and going there to make your purchases?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, IPhone 6s, Defective Umidigi Power
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonPP, Red Pocket A,T,V
    Feedback Score
    Taxes are imposed by the people you vote to represent you in running your country/state/county/town etc. If you don't like what they are doing, vote them out. You ain't seen nuttin yet tax-wise if Medicare For All is implemented..

But I agree, it was sure nice while it lasted. Tax-free shopping, that is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    How is this different from living next to a no tax state and going there to make your purchases?
    You will often see large shopping areas at the border between some high tax and low tax states. Was a big deal in New Hampshire near the Massachusetts border.

Not just an issue between state taxation differences, but within states too. Most states allow local sales tax rates above above the state level, and these can be substantial. You can't always escape these local taxes either by buying out of your jurisdiction. The city of Chicago/Cook County forced the surrounding areas to charge Chicago citizens at Chicago rates and return the difference to Chicago. The state of Illinois did nothing to stop this as Chicago is a city-state with much clout in state government. Illinois resident will know what I am talking about.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Yup.. We're getting shafted every which way living in this crooked state!! Fuel taxes just went up this past july, vehicle license renews going up next year too. Sales tax already at 10.25%.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think you can still buy prepaid refills from some vendors tax free at this moment. Not going to say who in case we are being monitored by the man!

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colecaz View Post
    Taxes are imposed by the people you vote to represent you in running your country/state/county/town etc. If you don't like what they are doing, vote them out. You ain't seen nuttin yet tax-wise if Medicare For All is implemented..

But I agree, it was sure nice while it lasted. Tax-free shopping, that is.
    True. But if media & everyone you get to choose from is stewing in the same pot of crap, it doesn't much matter. Plus there inevitably comes a point where you can't possibly tax & squeeze people enough with other forms of "taxes" (which they don't call taxes) to pay for everything you have or want to implement, so everyone has to take out loans & have two parents working just to keep up with it all.

The tax system is fine if paying for basic necessities you'd expect like roads, clean water, etc but that isn't what we're doing on any local or federal level. And many states shamelessly don't care if you know this. In fact, they'll flaunt it as if robbing you blind is a social achievement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2