Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FirstNet Connect Your Way plan explanation

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donni View Post
    Grand total for adding a watch and an iPad to an account towards the end of the cycle: $231 Attachment 164369

I am going to be reaching out to a friend in the media and another one who is an elected official to show them the breakdown of the bills. This is totally insane.
    This is the kind of nonsense I had when I migrated to the Responder plan in early 2019. The games with the bill took escalation to a regional FN account rep for our agency. The account was not provisioned correctly by the AT&T corporate store rep. She was nice, but what should have taken a few minutes turned into a 3 hour affair. It took about 3 billing cycles for the bill to be "correct" which was $55.98 with taxes and fees.
    Then there were issues with the fact that AT&T doesn't support factory unlocked Androids that resulted in no VoLTE, no WiFi calling, and subpar coverage (even when using a "supported" iPhone XR).

When T-Mobile rolled out their First Responder plan- I went back (granted, it is NOT and never will be First Net), but having service that actually works, no billing games, and being able to use pretty much any device I want under BYOD, it was a no brainer.

What you can also do is make a complaint to the FN Authority, since AT&T has to contractually answer to them, it is a process but you might get resolution there if you get to the right person or you get your agencies' rep involved.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donni View Post
    Grand total for adding a watch and an iPad to an account towards the end of the cycle: $231 Attachment 164369

I am going to be reaching out to a friend in the media and another one who is an elected official to show them the breakdown of the bills. This is totally insane.
    Wow that's a rip. Att creative billing strikes again

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000 View Post
    This is the kind of nonsense I had when I migrated to the Responder plan in early 2019. The games with the bill took escalation to a regional FN account rep for our agency. The account was not provisioned correctly by the AT&T corporate store rep. She was nice, but what should have taken a few minutes turned into a 3 hour affair. It took about 3 billing cycles for the bill to be "correct" which was $55.98 with taxes and fees.
    Then there were issues with the fact that AT&T doesn't support factory unlocked Androids that resulted in no VoLTE, no WiFi calling, and subpar coverage (even when using a "supported" iPhone XR).

When T-Mobile rolled out their First Responder plan- I went back (granted, it is NOT and never will be First Net), but having service that actually works, no billing games, and being able to use pretty much any device I want under BYOD, it was a no brainer.

What you can also do is make a complaint to the FN Authority, since AT&T has to contractually answer to them, it is a process but you might get resolution there if you get to the right person or you get your agencies' rep involved.
    Again, this is firstnet and not att. Att does support unlocked devices, as Samsung and other manufacturers include the proper CSC files in their software. You need to be on a certified first net device for it to work properly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Again, this is firstnet and not att.
    FirstNet is indeed AT&T, it spans their commercial and FirstNet core. Thanks, I've been to the training and deployed FN devices for our agency during SB53.

The device certification process has nothing to do with AT&T's decision to not support anything but their "branded" devices on their network, which includes the FirstNet core. It is clear as day to anyone with a pulse why they're playing these games. If this were the case, then "SIM free" and unlocked iPhones wouldn't be "First Net" compatible when we all know that FN fully supports BYOD iPhones. It's the HARDWARE that is certified not the carrier's SOFTWARE.

None of this also explains why FN customers have to suffer the billing games from AT&T- who again, is the sole provider of FN. I suffered with this, and I know three others at my department who went through the same nonsense with their bills being jacked up, and the "Connect Your Way" is no exception.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    FirstNet is indeed AT&T, it spans their commercial and FirstNet core. Thanks, I've been to the training and deployed FN devices for our agency during SB53.

The device certification process has nothing to do with AT&T's decision to not support anything but their "branded" devices on their network, which includes the FirstNet core. It is clear as day to anyone with a pulse why they're playing these games. If this were the case, then "SIM free" and unlocked iPhones wouldn't be "First Net" compatible when we all know that FN fully supports BYOD iPhones. It's the HARDWARE that is certified not the carrier's SOFTWARE.

None of this also explains why FN customers have to suffer the billing games from AT&T- who again, is the sole provider of FN. I suffered with this, and I know three others at my department who went through the same nonsense with their bills being jacked up, and the "Connect Your Way" is no exception.
    Everyone I know that had firstnet (about 10 people) have either switched to T-Mobile or Verizon

They got sick of att's crap and couldn't take it any more

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Ok you seem to know it all then. Explain why firstnet didn't have wifi calling working until a few months ago, but att had it for years before firstnet even came online. It's because they're separate cores. They operate on the same network, but are routed through different cores. IPhones are not android, iPhones have the same software all around regardless of what network they are connected to. You put the sim in, it downloads the carrier profile and your good to go. Unfortunately android does not work that way and it's more complicated. Why do you think so many firstnet users had to use the orange sim in the beginning to use wifi calling and proper connection to the network. Many black sims weren't connecting properly to cell sites. Especially those without band 14.

Samsung finally got on board with including multiple csc's in the firmware for all the different carriers and mvno's. The csc file is what includes the IMS information and the wifi calling software for each carrier.

I get it, you had a very poor experience and it should have been rolled out better than it has been, but some of it is more complex than it seems. Att is finally opening up to more unlocked devices and is supporting more and more. There's a few threads on reddit of people finally having volte and wifi calling on unlocked devices, without having to load the att firmware.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2