Thread: FirstNet Connect Your Way plan explanation

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score

FirstNet Connect Your Way plan explanation

Just a heads up for everyone who wants to sign up for the $75 a month "connect your way" plan on FirstNet - https://digital.firstnet.com/currentoffers

The $75 a month is for the BARE BONES data plans for both the phone and tablet. If you are looking to go unlimited for both it will be $98 a month plus taxes according to the FirstNet rep on the phone I talked to. Also you will have to sign up in store to get it all squared away.

If anyone has another experience, let me know.

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Ok get this - the folks in the store also seem to not have a full understanding of what the offer actually provides and the verbiage as part of the deal isn't clear in the small print.

The nice dude at the store that activated my watch and iPad on my account said that it WAS $75 for all three and it would be unlimited data (plus taxes). He even printed out the plans requirements, but they were just essentially bullet points from the small print on the public site and still didn't define what the $75 a month actually gets you.

At this point, the only thing we can do here is wait a month to see what my next bill looks like. Talk to you all at the next billing cycle!
    Last edited by Donni; 10-22-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: grammar and clarity

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. Keep us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    I'm not entirely convinced FirstNet is worth it even after having it for a year

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazMonster View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced FirstNet is worth it even after having it for a year
    Oh yeah, what's wrong?

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    -it took well over a year to get Apple watch compatible

-doesnt get same discounts as AT&T consumer customers (free hbo, free tv, direcTV bundle discounts)

-the service with a FN sim is still subpar in a lot of areas and doesn't hand-off between towers properly (i have information from a friend who works for a company that puts up AT&Ts towers and maintains them) and if you talk to the right FN CS rep they will tell you about it too

-right after launch AT&T consumer started to offer 25% off to the same customer base

-Website still needs much improvement

just overall looking at it--- if i had known that a month after i migrated that my discount with ATT would jump from 15% to 25% and I would get to keep my $25 directv discount and free HBO i would have never gone over to FN and having to go for 15 months not using my watch etc

for me it's literally a wash at this point. yeah I'm saving $45/month on wireless but i lost over $50 in other discounts

the biggest advantages to FN are unlimited Hotspot and no daily throttling which is great but not worth everything else IMO

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Grand total for adding a watch and an iPad to an account towards the end of the cycle: $231 Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.56.52 AM.png
Views: 240
Size:  11.9 KB

I am going to be reaching out to a friend in the media and another one who is an elected official to show them the breakdown of the bills. This is totally insane.

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Hi all,

Is anyone else willing to share their bill with me? I have three bills from other states, but I need to increase the sample size. Feel free to PM me. I can help remove any identifying information.

Device(s)
    S7
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I added a tablet and it looks like my bill will be around 100. I wont get a full bill for a while though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any updates to this?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    We do not have enough data to make a convincing case. It would really help if people could PM me and give me a copy of their bill. I am happy to work with them to figure out how to redact it so no identifying information is revealed.

I am waiting for my second bill to come in the next few days to see the price now that the dust has settled.