Thread: Moto G Supra 7 VERSUS Galaxy S7

Device(s)
    Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score

Moto G Supra 7 VERSUS Galaxy S7

Hey guys, I need some help comparing specs on the above two phones.

I like the Supra 7, but I can get a refurbished Galaxy S7 for about the same price and I'm pretty sure the S7 has 1 more unit of RAM than the Supra does.

To the point: Does the S7 STILL have better specs than the Supra 7, despite being an older phone?

Thank you for your help!

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post

To the point: Does the S7 STILL have better specs than the Supra 7, despite being an older phone?

Thank you for your help!
    I own several g7 Supra/power phones. For the price I'm happy. Haven't used a new flag ship on years.

Omo, but for possibly unbiased info, go to YouTube, search for:

Moto g7 vs whatever.

If nothing else, the battery in that old we phone will be in need of replacement. Also, if you're patient, cricket will probably have the g7 free again in a few weeks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post

I like the Supra 7, but I can get a refurbished Galaxy S7 for about the same price and I'm pretty sure the S7 has 1 more unit of RAM than the Supra does.

Thank you for your help!
    I have an AT&T Galaxy S7 (basically the same phone) and I will tell you it is slow even after disabling multiple apps and a factory reset. It may have a better display and camera but that’s it. I played around with a G7 Power and it felt so much faster than my S7. Get the G7 Supra!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    g7 supra has better band support (66/71) so most likely will perform better signal/data speed wise compared to the s7. Not to mention it has a little bit newer of a processor (albeit "lower end" compared to "flagship"). I think the g7 supra is a better buy long term.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately better band support doesn't necessarily mean better edge of cell performance. The radio in the band starved Moto E4 Plus easily outperforms the POS Moto G6 Play.

Hope the 7 & 8 series Moto's have better radios & reliability than the 6's.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 10-26-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Unfortunately better band support doesn't necessarily mean better edge of cell performance. The radio in the band starved Moto E4 Plus easily outperforms the POS Moto G6 Play.

Hope the 7 & 8 series Moto's have better radios & reliability than the 6's.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Yes these are variations between the radio sensitivity used in various phones, and maybe even different phones off the same model. I'd like to read comments on that, as I don't really know.

But in my case, where I've been having reception issues at my house my for nearly five months, my cheaper Moto e5 cruise, my older z Max pro work where my g7 power/Supra, my Stylo 4, barely have reception.

The primary issue, imo, is att's antenna, which is less than a half mile from my house.

The e5 and the g7's have virtually the same vast fx selection, while the old zte has the least.

Feedback Score
    My kid loves her S7. I really liked mine too. You can get them used for $80 all day. I think for my money I'd spend $150 and get the S8.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No galaxy phones here period. The moto's should be rootable/boot loader unlockable. Not so with the samsungs. If this feature is not important to you, carry on

I have an s7 edge (see sig). I'm just not impressed with the samsung software. More a fan of plain vanilla android on the motos.

Feedback Score
    I'm all about battery life. After 3 months with the G7 Power, I'm still blown away by how long she'll stay kickin.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Honestly I have the G7 power and also tried the Galaxy S7 as well. The S7 Edge that I tried after all updates applied on AT&T really slowed the phone down.

The G7 Power is great with battery life but reception issues and unstable WiFi on corporate networks/mesh networks have me searching for a new phone.

Note: Anything is better than the G6 Play/G7 Play, the nightmare where lag is present all the time.

I also see the Unlocked US Samsung A20 and A50 on Amazon for $249 and $299 though I heard the A20 is supposedly more stable right now compared to the A50.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.