Thread: Trying to get rid of COX

Feedback Score

Red face Trying to get rid of COX

Hi all,
    I'm sure this is not the right forum to ask this, but I'm very unsure where else to ask, and this place seems friendly enough

So we have COX cable and internet. They are quite pricey and we really never watch tv.

So we called and asked about getting rid of cable , how much would just internet be? $135 / month.
    Regular is $150/month, so that's ridiculous.

Anyway, we had AT&T before , but looking online they don't seem to service our area anymore?
    We are in Florida, zip code 32607.

Would anyone know any decent (cheaper) internet provider in our area? Preferably no satellite.
    Oh and it would have to be unlimited, for about 4-5 devices at a time at least. Lots of streaming as well.
    Maybe $80/month or so, that would be acceptable.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does Century Link offer service in your area? I am in Ocala and I only pay $35/month for internet currently.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Just checked them out, no they don't service my area. Thanks though.
    Hope somebody else might have something still.

Feedback Score
    GIYF: internet provider in zip code 32607
    Internet Service Providers in Gainesville, Florida
    https://broadbandnow.com/Florida/Gainesville
    9 possible residential Internet Providers in Gainesville.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I checked internetproviderbyzip.com and they say the two major ISPs are COX and AT&T. We're paying AT&T $50/mo for "6 Mb" Uverse Internet but it's been testing recently at >20 Mbps. (I don't know why.) Back when it actually ran 6 Mbps it was completely adequate for our needs, which include streaming one HD movie at a time. We've never had cable or satellite TV, always an outside antenna. According to antennaweb.org, you should be able to receive 6 stations for a total of 20 digital channels in your area using a small, multidirectional antenna.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    I still haven't managed this. I called COX and AT&T , they don't service my area ,regardless what it says in those links.
    I'm sure there must be more options, it's not like I live rural or such.

I'm off newberry rd, in case that helps, 32607 area. Hamilton heights/pond area. I'm not saying more or I'm saying my address.
    Hope someone knows a carrier. Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do an internet search for "Skyroam". It is a separate device that does not require a cell phone with a one time equipment charge and does not require a contract. It utilizes the cellular networks for internet but is not sold by any cellular carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Do an internet search for "Skyroam". It is a separate device that does not require a cell phone with a one time equipment charge and does not require a contract. It utilizes the cellular networks for internet but is not sold by any cellular carrier.
    Skyroam has a slick site. Personally I was confused. The tiles went back & forth like a pingpong ball so fast I couldn't read the content. There was no explanation of the hardware differences of the Solious (sp): regular, X & lite. Couldn't find the rental price. Stated it's best to buy the device but not if after use you might not use it again for 12 months. Why? Didn't say. On & on all the hanging questions. Pretty stupid but yes slick site.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Can't say that I used one of the devices, but I did research it briefly prior to a recent international trip. Wish I could offer more information, but I didn't get too deep into it myself. Best wishes to you and in your research for internet service.

Feedback Score
    No worries. Neither of us own that site.