Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disney+ to be free for one year to all unlimited subscribers-LTE, 5G and FIOS.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    5G can be added for $10/mo

6 lines or more it is usually yes but otherwise usually no.

Unless you are accounting apple music as a feature then maybe IDK my family already uses spotify and wouldn't switch if it was free.

I also really don't like the promos because i'm paying for a monthly service and they are trying to pass off time limited trials as features of their service.

Apple music included is a feature, x months free is shovelware.
    To each his own. I consider Apple Music and Spotify pretty comparable having used both. And $45/line with 4 lines is stupid cheap and I no longer have to pay for Apple Music or Spotify since Apple Music is included. I find it hard to believe that the fUDP is THAT much more cost effective vs. Play More Unlimited. And if you have to pay $10/month per line for 5G when the time comes, there is no way fUDP will end up being more cost effective for most people (especially if they are also using a service like Spotify/Apple Music and can take advantage of Apple Music being included in the Play More Unlimited plan).
    Last edited by jkozlow3; 10-25-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Comparable yes but when you've already got all your playlists in one it's not practical to move to another.
    If this was years ago back before we had spotify it would have been a fun trial to try and might have even been something we would have kept but at this point it has no value to us.

Also the plan below is $35/line so $40/mo total price difference for 4 lines while a family spotify/apple music subscription is only $15/mo.
    Or moving over a little bit verizon thinks moving to a 6 month trial and 480p instead is worth an extra 25GB of priority data and a half price tablet line. So owning one tablet is already within $5 of the potential savings of free apple music.

5G isn't enough of a thing to be concerned about yet because 1. It's not widely available and 2. Because of inherent limitations of ultra wide band it's so spotty that you can't depend on having it even where available.

The main area fUDP shines is with stupidly large numbers of lines as you can get 10 fudp lines for $300/mo while the price per line on the current unlimited plans only goes down that low if you go with start.

That's roughly equivalent with play more which would be $400/mo for 10 lines. If you go into an extra $10/mo per line for everyone to have 5G too yeah the savings disappear but otherwise you've got a $100/mo savings that would easily cover a couple of family subscriptions (they like ~$15/mo and are usually limited to like 5-6 users) and still have $70/mo left over.

That's taking it to where the difference is most extreme tho as most people don't have stupid numbers of lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone able to sign up with “Verizon free one year” offer with fUDP?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    LG VX10000 Voyager Titanium
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got shutdown on gUDP because it's not an unlimited data plan, it's a plan with no data and unlimited data is an added package. Or some stuff. Then, the rep tried to get me to switch to the Do More plan. I asked if that included throttling or deprioritization "regardless of how much data I utilize in a month" and was told no. Then, I quoted from the Do More FAQ where it included it after 15GB HotSpot and 50GB device data. The entire conversation was a train wreck �� Waiting for a call back now. I really am not too worried about the $7/month for Disney+ and was planning to pay it before Verizon announced this - I'm more annoyed the rep lied about what the new plan offered and tried to talk me into what is an irreversible change to my account based off this. Ugh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleBob View Post
    Got shutdown on gUDP because it's not an unlimited data plan, it's a plan with no data and unlimited data is an added package. Or some stuff. Then, the rep tried to get me to switch to the Do More plan. I asked if that included throttling or deprioritization "regardless of how much data I utilize in a month" and was told no. Then, I quoted from the Do More FAQ where it included it after 15GB HotSpot and 50GB device data. The entire conversation was a train wreck �� Waiting for a call back now. I really am not too worried about the $7/month for Disney+ and was planning to pay it before Verizon announced this - I'm more annoyed the rep lied about what the new plan offered and tried to talk me into what is an irreversible change to my account based off this. Ugh.
    The plan terms are on the website and have been there for months. How much are you paying? The Get More Plan has 75 GB of data before POSSIBLE and I repeat POSSIBLE deprioritization that will ONLY happen during times of congestion. People have reported using hundreds of GB without issue. And hotspot is 30 GB then slowed to 600 kbps max speed. Is that not enough for you?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    >The plan terms are on the website and have been there for months.

If you're talking about the Disney + terms, those have not been up for months.

If you're talking about the new unlimited plan terms, the fact that the details have been listed for some time makes it even more egregious that a Verizon rep tried to talk me off my current plan (a plan I can never, ever get back) based off of incorrect data that I had to verify before hand.

>Is that not enough for you?

Hi. I'm Uncle Bob. We don't know each other well enough for me to feel like you deserve details of my private life, including how I utilize my mobile data. Thanks for the inquiry though.

What I will share is that I am on a legitimate gUDP that I've been on for years. I've never used anything like the Best Buy trick or rented out lines. I've followed every rule Verizon has laid out to the T and kept my plan (and my really old cell phone to boot) and have abided by their ever changing rules to stay under their limits (limits on my unlimited plan, mind you). How much data I use and what I use it for is *my* concern and if I don't want to switch to a plan that's going to cost me more and/or give me less, then I am not going to. To have a rep, frankly, lie to me about the details of the new plan is unacceptable no matter how you sell it.

Feedback Score
    In case anyone is like me and was wondering about this promotion working with a business unlimited plan - it doesn't. I just called in to verify.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleBob View Post
    >The plan terms are on the website and have been there for months.

If you're talking about the Disney + terms, those have not been up for months.
    No I'm talking about the unlimited plan terms. They've been around since August 5th and are similar to plans that have been around since August 2017.

If you're talking about the new unlimited plan terms, the fact that the details have been listed for some time makes it even more egregious that a Verizon rep tried to talk me off my current plan (a plan I can never, ever get back) based off of incorrect data that I had to verify before hand.
    The point is you could have found all this out on the website. No offense to any cs reps that may read this but I find they are the least informed about what goes on at Verizon. As the old saying goes "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence" Going to a store or chatting with a rep totally blind without info is looking for trouble. It's advice not judgement.

>Is that not enough for you?

Hi. I'm Uncle Bob. We don't know each other well enough for me to feel like you deserve details of my private life, including how I utilize my mobile data. Thanks for the inquiry though.

What I will share is that I am on a legitimate gUDP that I've been on for years. I've never used anything like the Best Buy trick or rented out lines. I've followed every rule Verizon has laid out to the T and kept my plan (and my really old cell phone to boot) and have abided by their ever changing rules to stay under their limits (limits on my unlimited plan, mind you). How much data I use and what I use it for is *my* concern and if I don't want to switch to a plan that's going to cost me more and/or give me less, then I am not going to. To have a rep, frankly, lie to me about the details of the new plan is unacceptable no matter how you sell it.
    I was asking as legit question. As in "Is 75 GB of phone and 30 GB hotspot enough for your needs?" It's a simple yes or no question. Not one that requires defensiveness or snarkiness. Lots of people have given up gUDP because the current plans suit their needs and are cheaper. People here are more than happy to help you decide if it's best to keep your current plan or not but they need info and not "mind your own business" remarks

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I’m in an old loyalty plan unlimited data that I use in a hotspot cost $22 out the door a month. I did not have high hopes for the Disney+ working with my plan so it was no surprise it does not which is fine, I’m quite happy with the cost where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    No I'm talking about the unlimited plan terms. They've been around since August 5th and are similar to plans that have been around since August 2017.
    Sure, but I don't regularly look into changing my plan, so I don't need to typically review the details of all the plans.

The point is you could have found all this out on the website. No offense to any cs reps that may read this but I find they are the least informed about what goes on at Verizon. As the old saying goes "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence" Going to a store or chatting with a rep totally blind without info is looking for trouble. It's advice not judgement.

Verizon: I know that you are hesitant since this make changes on the account but I can assure that you will be enjoying what you enjoyed with the current plan and on top of that, you will get savings of $29.36 every month.

You: Will I enjoy absolutely no throttling or deprioritization of my data speeds, regardless of how much data I utilize within a month?

Verizon: Absolutely!

Verizon: That is something that I can assure you with. DO More Unlimited plan will definitely give you unlimited access without deprioritization or throttling on the data
    Based off this conversation, if I hadn't done my own research, I could have made a terrible decision. I did not ask anything about changing my plan, I just asked about getting the Disney + offer.

I was asking as legit question. As in "Is 75 GB of phone and 30 GB hotspot enough for your needs?" It's a simple yes or no question. Not one that requires defensiveness or snarkiness. Lots of people have given up gUDP because the current plans suit their needs and are cheaper. People here are more than happy to help you decide if it's best to keep your current plan or not but they need info and not "mind your own business" remarks
    Sorry, I to your "is that not enough?" question to be snarky in and of itself.

30GB of Hot Spot is not enough for my uses.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    Anyone able to sign up with “Verizon free one year” offer with fUDP?
    Yes I signed up through the app yesterday with no problems.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Yes I signed up through the app yesterday with no problems.
    Make sure to keep a close eye on your plan/features to make sure nothing has changed.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Make sure to keep a close eye on your plan/features to make sure nothing has changed.
    I just logged in to my account and verified nothing has changed. Has that been a problem for some people after adding the Disney+ add on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Such as? I signed up last night no problem and so far I see no changes to my account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast