Thread: Galaxy S10 - disapointment grows. Venting.

Feedback Score

Galaxy S10 - disapointment grows. Venting.

I used to love my new S10. It worked fine, great pictures... but now I grew more and more annoyed by their software.
    Especially in combination with their Galaxy Watch (latest model).

1. Pairing with Galaxy Watch. Works fine as long as you use the Samsung Message app on the phone. Well... OK, i have switched to their app. That's my main grievance with their watches and leads to another one about their phone apps.

2. After 6 months I tried again the Google Message only to find out that I have Chat (RCS) enabled in that app and it works great. It was enabled for a couple months on my provider network!
    RCS does not work in Samsung Message. But the watch cannot read the received messages from Google's app!
    I spent some time chatting with Samsung support and the result is that... they don't support RCS yet on my phone! WTF, it's still your flagship phone! But surely they make grad public statements that they will - this was happening in February 2017: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...saging-service
    My wife's moto G7 (that we paid 1/3 of the S10 price) has by default the SMS set to Google Messages (with RCS now). Unfortunately I had gifted her another Samsung watch and again we needed to install on the moto the Samsung Messages for functionality with the watch.

3. While on some calls, I get a very clear voice channel. With some dialer codes, I manage to find out that I have HD Voice + (EVS superwide band) enabled on my network and phone. That's great but the Samsung dialer (Phone app) doesn't show anything.
    My wife's moto G7, on the same network, when on call with me, it displays "HD" voice logo.
    Again spent time chatting with Samsung support and... no, it' stheir policy not to show those logos so they won't even consider to put them on. Why, so they don't pay some fee to GSMA for using the "HD Voice" logo????

4. The original screen protector became a little scuffed. It's not self healing like other protectors. I was getting ready to install a different one when the story broke that installing non OE screen protectors might make your finger print reader to accept any fingerprints and unlock the phone! I was expecting that maybe would block my fingerprints but nooo, they accept any from now.
    So basically all you need to hack into a stolen S10 is a piece of cheap protector placed on top of the screen!!! The promised that they will "fix" that in a future update. Sure, and probably will make my fingerprint reader even less reliable now... "In screen" fingerprint reader is a stupid ideea!

All in all I am growing more and more disappointed by those small annoyances...

Feedback Score
    Well, at least they pushed a patch today for the fingerprint scanner issue. Hopefully that will help.

Name:  Screenshot_20191024-090500_TADownloader.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  31.5 KB

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, IPhone 6s, Defective Umidigi Power
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonPP, Red Pocket A,T,V
    Feedback Score
    Sound like your disappointment is not with the phone itself but with the apps and Samsungs software decisions. I have an S10+ and it works great. A fantastic camera. Fingerprint recognition not so great.

Feedback Score
    Indeed. Great phone, great camera, good LTE connectivity. Great that Samsung Pay works with magnetic cad readers too.

Stupid locked down and stripped of features apps... Fingerprint - stupid again. Just put it on the rear or on the side!