Thread: info on unlocking time for ATT new phone bought full price and not activated

Feedback Score

info on unlocking time for ATT new phone bought full price and not activated

Need info before I buy phone.

I am going to buy a new ATT Galaxy Fold phone at an ATT store at full price but not activate it on ATT. I have Verizon now and want to get ATT prepaid Walmart offer of 25gb for $50.00($40 with autopay) but, want to unlock the phone before I activate it on ATT prepaid since their wait time once activated is 6 months.

Questions:

What is the time frame I need to wait before they will unlock via the portal since phone paid in full when bought at ATT?

Is it 14 day wait for buyer's remorse to return the phone?

Went to couple of ATT stores and the reps either did not know or were giving contradictory info anywhere between 24 hours buying the phone, 2 months for ATT postpaid and 6 months for ATT prepaid.

Thanks,

Ian B

Feedback Score
    it may be up to 14 days before it can be unlocked - https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Fu...k/td-p/5499347 why not just buy the unlocked version instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    it may be up to 14 days before it can be unlocked - https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Fu...k/td-p/5499347 why not just buy the unlocked version instead.

Thanks for response. I want the unlocked version in reality but no BB or Samsung online has it now. Been checking daily for couple weeks but still out of stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Thanks for response. I want the unlocked version in reality but no BB or Samsung online has it now. Been checking daily for couple weeks but still out of stock.
    ebay - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ocked&_sacat=0

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    thanks, picked one up at a local ATT store. Not doing Ebay for such a large purchase and run issues of bad imei or other.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    ATT would not unlock via portal after I paid the $2k and thus, returned the phone back to them. Was able to get BB to order and unlocked version and got it in 5 days.