Thread: America’s Choice 450 Removed

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

America’s Choice 450 Removed

I check my account online a couple of days ago and I saw that the name of my plan has changed. I looked at my last bill and noticed at the very back there was a notice that they were changing my plan but keeping the cost the same. So, it looks like they changed my gUDP America’s Choice 450 plan to Nationwide Talk & Text Unlimited which has unlimited calls and texts.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if there is any difference in the quality of the UDP?

Lastly, I made a comment about this in another post, but I travel internationally for work and looked at my international plan and it now says my iPhone 11 pro Max is not compatible with international plans. What’s up with that?

I may have to call customer service to get to the bottom of this, but I generally hate calling them so I thought I’d check here first to see if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, they move you to a new plan that has unlimited talk and text and your bill doesn't change and you don't lose your unlimited data.

But no i've never heard of that happening before.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    There's a precedent for this. Years and years ago a few people on hofo had regional plans (free calls within a region, calls billed per-minute outside the region.) VZW did upgrade all these peoples plans from regional to national coverage, no fuss, no muss, no additional charges, no unpleasantness down the road. I assume 1) They decided it wasn't worth the trouble of updating what "region" various networks were in as they changed roaming partners around. 2) Provides the good PR of giving people a free upgrade on their plans, and avoids the bad PR of people having some billing dispute, only to call customer service and find out nobody there knows anything at all about their plan any more.

Or for the current case of upgrading an AC450 plan, I assume 1) It might simplify billing to remove the (barely ever used any more) ability to bill for overage on text and talk; 2) Good PR to move people onto unlimited who still had a limited minutes plan.

Feedback Score
    Anyone who isn't on the New Verizon Plan or one of the Unlimited plans need to be switched. No wonder CS reps get confused. People with plans stop stopped existing YEARS before they began working there. In fact Verizon should be like T-Mobile and just be all unlimited plans. And yes I know T-Mobile does grandfather in old tiered plans but as far as current offerings it's unlimited or nothing

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So your unlimited data is still intact as well?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow you really didn't upgrade for a while. I had americas choice and then switched to nw talk text and unlimited data years ago with the $20 data discount. Keep the nw plan, it's true unlimited and you can't ask for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    In fact Verizon should be like T-Mobile and just be all unlimited plans. And yes I know T-Mobile does grandfather in old tiered plans but as far as current offerings it's unlimited or nothing
    They have had just different variants of unlimited plans for a while now; this is a fairly old grandfathered plan, and VZW (like T-Mo) tends to let people grandfather plans indefinitely.

Feedback Score
    We moved from the 8GB More Everything plan to the current unlimited mix and match for the same price and have been extremely pleased with it.

I was surprised it let us keep the free 25GB cloud storage tho as i've been hearing for years now that that perk was being retroactively discontinued.

Not that it's actually any use now with modern phones having like 128GB+ of internal storage tho.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    Holy crap. This may be the final point at which Verizon has started to “stop charging voice and text” overages. Can the OP please post a picture of this portion of the bill? Is the plan price still $39.99? Corporate Discount Eligible? Etc. Thanks!
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack View Post
    Holy crap. This may be the final point at which Verizon has started to “stop charging voice and text” overages. !
    Verizon has had plans that stopped doing this for at least 7 years now and unlimited plans that didn't charge these overages for over 2 1/2 years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Verizon has had plans that stopped doing this for at least 7 years now and unlimited plans that didn't charge these overages for over 2 1/2 years.
    Those plans aren’t specifically what I was referring to, Jack.