Thread: Enable RCS today!

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Enable RCS today!

Not sure why it was deleted but I am reposting.

I have it working on my Pixel 4 on Verizon and my Sonim XP8 on Southern LINC .

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...elf-right-now/

Sent from my Pixel 4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Many!
    Carrier(s)
    1. Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a go on my N8.

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Not sure why it was deleted but I am reposting.

I have it working on my Pixel 4 on Verizon and my Sonim XP8 on Southern LINC .

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...elf-right-now/

Feedback Score
    Who cares. People getting panties in bunch over nothing

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok???????
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Who cares. People getting panties in bunch over nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Ok???????

Seriously I been hearing this whining about RCS for what 2 years now? What so specials? Oh wait "it's like iMessages" well get an iPhone then. I use Verizon Messages. I can see a message has been delivered and if it's been read and I can see that someone is typing a response. And I have had this ability for a few years now. So how is RCS improving on this?

Feedback Score
    Seriously I been hearing this whining about RCS for what 2 years now? What so specials? Oh wait "it's like iMessages" well get an iPhone then. I use Verizon Messages. I can see a message has been delivered and if it's been read and I can see that someone is typing a response. And I have had this ability for a few years now. So how is RCS improving on this?
    There is another thread about this. You can "see" those details only when your other person is also Verizon subscriber (not even MVNO) and only if he uses that specific Verizon Messenger.
    RCS is universal as in you can message with anyone in the world that has RCS on his network (and phone):
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...oogle-Messages

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    There is another thread about this. You can "see" those details only when your other person is also Verizon subscriber (not even MVNO) and only if he uses that specific Verizon Messenger.
    RCS is universal as in you can message with anyone in the world that has RCS on his network (and phone):
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...oogle-Messages
    Well, right now doing the Google messages and activating the RCS, it's the same thing as Verizon messages. Both parties have to have Google messages and activate RCS. For most on US carriers RCS not universal, it's limited to specific apps.

So in my opinion, until the carriers go with RCS platform that allows RCS features to work thru any texting app, it's basically the same as WhatsApp and such since both users have to have the same app and right now have to go thru steps to get RCS to work. RCS isn't going to get big until the carriers jump on board and make it the platform, and they will probably figure a way how to limit file size sent like now. I'm not getting to hopeful yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Iphone 4, haven't looked back..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You can’t send full quality videos cross-carrier to someone with Verizon messages can you? No, you can’t.

Now I’m able to send RCS full quality pictures and videos to anyone with RCS enabled.

I was able to send someone a full quality picture who has T-Mobile with ‘universal’ RCS enables from my Southern LINC phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully iOS 14 comes with RCS support, even though it would reduce Apple’s iMessage advantage.

(Reduce, not eliminate. iMessage works with even old phones as well as iPads and Macs that aren’t tied to an iPhone, and it also has end-to-end encryption that can’t be directly wiretapped. Yeah your iCloud backup could get subpoenaed, but that’s way harder for a government to do.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Hopefully iOS 14 comes with RCS support, even though it would reduce Apple’s iMessage advantage.

(Reduce, not eliminate. iMessage works with even old phones as well as iPads and Macs that aren’t tied to an iPhone, and it also has end-to-end encryption that can’t be directly wiretapped. Yeah your iCloud backup could get subpoenaed, but that’s way harder for a government to do.)
    I would hope so as well, or even before iOS 14. It should be no different than MMS or SMS even as those are both universally recognized standards as well. If the carriers get together and make RCS the replacement standard for SMS/MMS then I'd imagine Apple would get on-board.

Sent from my PH-1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Goole Messages works from PC too... Just saying...