Thread: Start Unlimited and MHS

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Start Unlimited and MHS

Im still able to use my mhs on the the start unlimited. Anyone else tried it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Please clarify, what is an MHS ? Hard to offer advice without more information.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Mobile hotspot

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you can use the current Start Unlimited on a Hot Spot as it is an unlimited talk, text, data plan for only cellular phones. The current Mobile Hot Spot plan has limited data usage and is not unlimited data (I believe they are cut off after 15 Gb for the rest of the billing cycle).

If someone has found a way, I am sure they will chime in. Just saying.......

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, should have clarified further. I am currently on the start unlimited plan with two cellular phone lines. I thought mobile hotspot was blocked on this plan by default, however, when turning on the mobile hotspot on my phone; it went through the routine of checking subscription status and turning on. I simply wondered if someone else on this plan had tried it. My phone isnt modified in any way.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking either...
    1) They just haven't blocked it yet. When the newer unlimited plans came out with hotspot throttled to 600kbps after x GB of usage, the throttle did not kick in the first month or two.

2) Have you checked your speeds? Maybe rather than blocking it, they decided to go ahead and leave it available but throttled to 600kbps at 0GB usage?

edit: if the 5G is thrown on for $10, it does say it's for 5G data and hotspot usage but I assume this would probably also enable 4G hotspot usage. It'd be pretty weird to have unlimited 5G hotspot but blocked on 4G .

Feedback Score
    we had internet out for 36 hours here where I currently moved to so just on a whim I tried it. I could never get USB tethering to work but wi-fi hotspot work. But it was almost useless as Verizon is really slow here to begin with. Looked it up and Verizon has dearth of spectrum here compared to where I was living before. My 3 AM speeds here are slower than the middle of the day speeds when everyone is using the network speeds at my old area. Did T-Mobile's test drive thing since they have 600 MHz here and while it was better than Verizon has been it's also not much to write here about.