Thread: Best (least expensive) way to add data

Feedback Score

Best (least expensive) way to add data

Hi All!
    What's the least expensive way to add data, when service time / minutes are not really needed?
    Is the $10 for 1GB reload the best option, or are there other ways and/or coupons?

Thanks a lot! My teenage son is starting to use more data, may need to think about a monthly plan for him. 1-2GB would probably be good. But even at that usage level, the $10-$20 per month for $10 refills seem to be the best deal, or not?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Hi All!
    What's the least expensive way to add data, when service time / minutes are not really needed?
    Is the $10 for 1GB reload the best option, or are there other ways and/or coupons?

Thanks a lot! My teenage son is starting to use more data, may need to think about a monthly plan for him. 1-2GB would probably be good. But even at that usage level, the $10-$20 per month for $10 refills seem to be the best deal, or not?
    The $10 data only add on with promo code gives 1.5GB. Check Turk Forums for data only promo code(s) and if they are reported as being good for more than one use.
    Although you indicate less need for talk and text, there are also the three new TF Unlimited monthly Plans to price compare (unlimited talk and text + 1/2/3GB data that rolls over if not fully used up) $20/$25/$30. You can add the add on data and it will also rollover if not used, just do not let the current plan ever run out. You can also change between the three plans each month.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Hi All!
    Some forum members got offered $8 for 1GB when using the add-on offers, but I have never seen them for my phones. It seems to be targeted (maybe to people with low balance of data).

Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks a lot!
    Got one of the Promo codes, and tried it. Worked great, 1,524MB for $10.
    I am glad I came over here first instead of blindly adding 1GB for $10 like I did in the past.
    I think this will be good enough for a while, still can't beat $10 per month. But if I decide to get him on one of the Tracfone monthly plans, I am assuming that he'll lose whatever balance he has, including data, mins, texts, and airtime, right?

Thanks so much again!

Feedback Score
    In the past at least, you could contact CS and get a promo code added after the fact if you forgot.

The traditional airtime balance should go into hibernation and then come back once the monthly plan ends.

There might still be something fuzzy about retaining extra data purchased during the month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Some forum members got offered $8 for 1GB when using the add-on offers, but I have never seen them for my phones. It seems to be targeted (maybe to people with low balance of data).
    Did that just yesterday. Added the $10 data only card, went to checkout, was offered the $8 data add-on card, added that to the cart. I then removed the $10 data card from the cart, entered a promo code from Turk's site for an extra 500 MB, and checked out. Immediately received 1.5 GB added to balance for a grand total of $8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    Did that just yesterday. Added the $10 data only card, went to checkout, was offered the $8 data add-on card, added that to the cart. I then removed the $10 data card from the cart, entered a promo code from Turk's site for an extra 500 MB, and checked out. Immediately received 1.5 GB added to balance for a grand total of $8.
    Unfortunately, you don't get that deal with a BYOP.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't get that deal with a BYOP.
    I have two BYOPs (AT&T and Verizon). My wife has a TF-branded Fiesta 2 (T-mobile). None of our phones gets the $8-for-1GB add-on deal. Probably because we have a lot of data left.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Is posting that for Alextrac to see a smart idea? It may well disappear for everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Is posting that for Alextrac to see a smart idea? It may well disappear for everyone.

Feedback Score
    We've posted so many different schemes on this forum. I don't think they care. Or maybe they care but can't do anything about it.

Feedback Score

Keeps Alex getting a paycheck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have two BYOPs (AT&T and Verizon). My wife has a TF-branded Fiesta 2 (T-mobile). None of our phones gets the $8-for-1GB add-on deal. Probably because we have a lot of data left.
    My 2 old Fiesta 2's were on Verizon. They were eligible for the $8 add on. But as soon as I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, it went away. I only carry about 3-gb on my phone. I saw something about this in another thread. Kittylady (don't remember exact name) mentioned it maybe?