Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85

Thread: Any upcoming holiday phone deals?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,150
    Feedback Score
    0
    Follow this thread at Slickdeals - https://slickdeals.net/f/13505032-25...src=SiteSearch

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    I've been wanting to get a Pixel 3a, and though I don't have any knowledge of anything, I think there is a pretty good chance we could see some nice sales on this phone near black friday, because some places are already knocking $50 off right now, plus google just released their new Pixel 4.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,096
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Walmart's ad has been posted: https://www.walmart.com/store/2648/s...r_type_name=ad
    Prepaid phone deals are:
    AT&T Prepaid Samsung J2 Shine $39.88 (reg $59)
    Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy A10e $49 (reg $139)
    Straight Talk LG Stylo 5 $99 (reg $199)
    Straight Talk iPhone 6s Plus $149 (reg $199)
    Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S9 $399 (reg $599)
    Total Wireless iPhone 6s Plus $149 (reg $199)
    Verizon Prepaid Nokia V2 $19.88 (reg $39.88)
    Walmart Family Mobile LG Journey $39.88 (reg $79)
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,962
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Straight Talk iPhone 6s Plus $149 (reg $199)
    Thanks again Yeswap. This is exactly what I am looking for. This is going to be my wife's (early) Christmas present. She is currently with boom!. The ad says either Straight Talk or Total Wireless. The plans look pretty similar. She needs UT&T plus >1GB but <5GB of data. Is there any advantage of one over the other? I've used a lot of MVNOs but never Straight Talk or Total Wireless.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,096
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Thanks again Yeswap. This is exactly what I am looking for. This is going to be my wife's (early) Christmas present. She is currently with boom!. The ad says either Straight Talk or Total Wireless. The plans look pretty similar. She needs UT&T plus >1GB but <5GB of data. Is there any advantage of one over the other? I've used a lot of MVNOs but never Straight Talk or Total Wireless.
    Straight Talk and Total Wireless are two brands of the same company. They share the same support reps and policies so support is the same.

    The main difference is that Total Wireless is Verizon only and Straight Talk offers service on all four networks (choose a network at time of activation with a compatible phone) although the Walmart Straight Talk iPhones are on Verizon. Switching networks requires a new SIM and possibly a new phone.

    Both carriers $35 Plans are similar
    Total Wireless - unlimited talk and text 5 GB hard capped
    Straight Talk - unlimited talk and text 3 GB high speed followed by unlimited 2G.

    Choose whichever one meets your needs.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,096
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I missed it yesterday but Walmart will also have the iPhone 6s on Total Wireless or Straight Talk for $99 on Black Friday.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 11-15-2019 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,962
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm going way off topic here, but maybe somebody else reading this thread will benefit. Assuming I get the iPhone 6S+ with Total Wireless, will I at some point be able to switch to another VZW MVNO? I read the Total Wireless unlocking policy and the one line that causes me some concern is:

    Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.

    So does that mean that after a year if I want to switch to another VZW MVNO that I won't be able to because I ported my number? Or does that mean that the customer cannot have had his number recycled or ported within that 12 month period following purchase?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,096
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I'm going way off topic here, but maybe somebody else reading this thread will benefit. Assuming I get the iPhone 6S+ with Total Wireless, will I at some point be able to switch to another VZW MVNO? I read the Total Wireless unlocking policy and the one line that causes me some concern is:

    Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.

    So does that mean that after a year if I want to switch to another VZW MVNO that I won't be able to because I ported my number? Or does that mean that the customer cannot have had his number recycled or ported within that 12 month period following purchase?
    It means that you need to get your phone unlocked before you port your number out. You use the phone for 12 months on Total, get Total to unlock it, and then port out. Porting into Total to start your service doesn't affect the ability to unlock the phone 12 months later.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know of anything that is a better value than the Moto Z3 Play for $150 (unlocked)? Would be replacing a G4 for a light user.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,672
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by malet View Post
    Anyone know of anything that is a better value than the Moto Z3 Play for $150 (unlocked)? Would be replacing a G4 for a light user.
    Which Z3 Play? The 32GB Moto Z3 Play was $134.99 w/o a Moto Mod, or $149.99 with, just a couple of weeks ago.

    See: https://slickdeals.net/f/13524622-32...src=SiteSearch

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,672
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wish I would have purchased the Pixel 3a a few months ago when it was $199.99 with Sprint activation from Best Buy.

    People were even reporting that they weren't charged anything by Sprint for a plan or activation if they cancelled right after purchase. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on that!

    The Pixel 3a Black Friday pricing I've seen so far is less than impressive.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Which Z3 Play? The 32GB Moto Z3 Play was $134.99 w/o a Moto Mod, or $149.99 with, just a couple of weeks ago.

    See: https://slickdeals.net/f/13524622-32...src=SiteSearch
    That's the one I'm looking at. Wife likes the folio style case, so the integrated free one is a small bonus.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,096
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Verge is reporting that Amazon and B&H as well as Best Buy will have the Pixel 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL on sale Black Friday for $100 to $200 off.
    Unlocked Pixel 3a 64 GB $299.99 (reg $399.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 3a XL 64 GB $379.99 (reg $479.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 4 64 GB $599.99 (reg $799.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 4 XL 64 GB $699.99 (reg $899.99)
    Source: https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/11/8/20955411/

    The 3a and 3a XL were apparently available on Amazon at Black Friday prices earlier today but they are all sold out or back to regular price now. Sorry I missed sharing that deal while it was live.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,659
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    The Verge is reporting that Amazon and B&H as well as Best Buy will have the Pixel 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL on sale Black Friday for $100 to $200 off.
    Unlocked Pixel 3a 64 GB $299.99 (reg $399.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 3a XL 64 GB $379.99 (reg $479.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 4 64 GB $599.99 (reg $799.99)
    Unlocked Pixel 4 XL 64 GB $699.99 (reg $899.99)
    Source: https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/11/8/20955411/

    The 3a and 3a XL were apparently available on Amazon at Black Friday prices earlier today but they are all sold out or back to regular price now. Sorry I missed sharing that deal while it was live.
    But why would ya want a phone that can snap in half if you applied to much pressure


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,206
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by malet View Post
    Anyone know of anything that is a better value than the Moto Z3 Play for $150 (unlocked)? Would be replacing a G4 for a light user.


    Moto G6 is $110 today at B&H according to Slickdeals.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Any deals on an iphone I can use with AT&T prepaid? My 13 yr. old wants an upgrade, plan was to pass her my SE and me get a new phone. I don't care about all the fancy new tech, I'm quite happy with my SE. If there is a really good deal on a 7 or 8 I would upgrade to that though. I see AT&T prepaid currently has the 6S for $99, but if I read correctly, that phone will soon no longer be able to upgrade IOS, correct? And its not really an upgrade from my current SE.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any upcoming T-Mobile deals? Like BOGO? Or?
    By MI_canuck in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 04:08 PM
  2. Are there any upcoming WM phones with multi-touch screens?
    By jsnead in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM
  3. any upcoming sprint phones?
    By KOTULCN in forum Sprint
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 05:34 AM
  4. Any upcoming 3G phones that work with Apple iSync?
    By NotPennState in forum AT&T Regular Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
  5. Any upcoming Moto phones for VZW?
    By Makaveli258 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks