Thread: New T-Mobile Uncarrier 1.0 Scheduled November 7th

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

New T-Mobile Uncarrier 1.0 Scheduled November 7th

First Uncarrier move as the “New T-Mobile,” as mentioned in today’s earnings call.

What’da you guys think it’s going to be about?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OElSt2QERdo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    First Uncarrier move as the “New T-Mobile,” as mentioned in today’s earnings call.

What’da you guys think it’s going to be about?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OElSt2QERdo
    Absolutely nothing. In all seriousness its going to be something to get them good PR before December 9th like free turkey for those in need ect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Absolutely nothing. In all seriousness its going to be something to get them good PR before December 9th like free turkey for those in need etc.
    Agree 100%
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Probably something new and fantastic that will, OBTW, undo anything of benefit to the customer from the previous Uncarrier moves. Just wait. Smoke, mirrors, flashing lights, worse for the customer in the end.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Why back to 1.0????

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildhope View Post
    Why back to 1.0????
    It’s the first event post merger with Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    It’s the first event post merger with Sprint.
    But they haven't merge yet. Nothing is official -100% complete and done yet.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My wild guess is that it will be integration related, like aligning the Sprint and T-Mobile plans in some fashion, and possibly aligning the taxes included for certain Sprint plans, and may also include some sort of carrier aggregation or reverse roaming on Sprint.

At some point they should allow people with compatible phones to move over to T-Mobile. They could presumably take most modern devices on both operating systems and let people switch to T-mobile. That should free up spectrum (aover time, as people switch) that could be redeployed as T-Mobile.

I think it’s too early for any Dish Network related announcements, so that’s probably more like 3.0...

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Probably something new and fantastic that will, OBTW, undo anything of benefit to the customer from the previous Uncarrier moves. Just wait. Smoke, mirrors, flashing lights, worse for the customer in the end.
    I mean, they are a business after all. Large businesses like T-Mobile will do anything they can to get that extra dime out of a customer. It’s sad but true. Has been for years and years and years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe this?

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp/index

Looks like T-Mo is ready to sell their (LTE-based) $50 unlimited home internet service nationwide, after a limited test earlier this year. Uncarrier is typically about "pain points", and practically everyone hates their cable companies.

I can see Legere pitching this as an uncarrier move, with the promise that the LTE service will become 5G ASAP after the merger closes. (Perhaps even with a discounted cable-style "double play" bundle when combined with T-Mo's TV service.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score

New T-Mobile Uncarrier 1.0 Scheduled November 7th

I think it will be network sharing of Sprint resources with T-mobile.
    Like letting T-mobile customers use Sprint’s Band 41.
    “While we wait for the merger our friends over at Sprint are giving every T-mobile customer access to Sprint’s high-speed LTE. The other carriers hoard and keep their networks to themselves, but at the new T-mobile we know how to share blazing fast speeds with our Carrier friends and they in turn reciprocate.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    I think it will be network sharing of Sprint resources with T-mobile.
    Like letting T-mobile customers use Sprint’s Band 41.
    “While we wait for the merger our friends over at Sprint are giving every T-mobile customer access to Sprint’s high-speed LTE. The other carriers hoard and keep their networks to themselves, but at the new T-mobile we know how to share blazing fast speeds with our Carrier friends and they in turn reciprocate.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, but that's too "technical" for an uncarrier announcement if they get into bands and stuff. We talk about bands here a lot, but most customers have no idea what that is. Pointing out Sprint has different/other bands that may or may not work with your phone just muddies the message, and might spark a "wait, we might need new phones after this merger?" conversation. If that's the announcement, it'll be phrased simply like "free unlimited roaming on each other's network..."

And frankly, this doesn't really offer a tangible benefit to the customer, since in most areas the Venn diagram of overlapping T-Mo and Sprint coverage is a circle. These are the two worst national carriers for coverage, so getting the ability to use both is like saying "good news, to fix your house, we've hired not just one, but got you all Three Stooges!"

If this is the uncarrier announcement, it'll be about a lot more than network integration/sharing. There'd have to be a immediate demonstrable benefit to really sell the benefits of the merger, like select T-Mo and Sprint plans getting both T-Mo's free Netflix *and* Sprint's free Hulu for the time being, or something goofy like that. Reciprocal roaming sounds good on paper, but would any of us even notice out in the wild?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ......If this is the uncarrier announcement, it'll be about a lot more than network integration/sharing. There'd have to be a immediate demonstrable benefit to really sell the benefits of the merger, like select T-Mo and Sprint plans getting both T-Mo's free Netflix *and* Sprint's free Hulu for the time being, or something goofy like that. Reciprocal roaming sounds good on paper, but would any of us even notice out in the wild?
    I agree that most Uncarrier moves have been items that could be implemented in the billing system (e.g. Binge On) or website (T-Mobile Tuesday). However, I really would notice Sprint roaming since T-Mobile has not been able to deploy any low-band around here and Sprint has.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. I think people underestimate sprints coverage in suburban areas. They have good coverage that can be better than T-Mobile. I would love to hear that there will be an immediate coverage benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that on the 7th TMO will announce the date that the 600 mhz will go live on T-mobile and that the OnePlus 7Y Pro 5g will also go on sale the same day.

They have been saying that 5g will go live by the end of the year so this falls in line with that.