Thread: Asus ROG Phone 2 or similar

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Asus ROG Phone 2 or similar

I've been really impressed with 90Hz displays dual screen folding phones (more of the ones with external battery in second screen) and flagship Snapdragon CPUs .. but it seems like most of them are exclusive to AT&T and will not have support for Verizon... I unfortunately live in a part of the USA where Verizon is monopolizing the area so require Verizon... I love the razer phone 2 and ASUS ROG phone 2 but they have no Verizon support... What are some options for dual screen phones on Verizon? I know LG'S G8X is coming out but i loose 30% battery with it's dual screen because of the lack of external battery in the second display.. any other phones out there? It's come to the point where i much rather have 2 6-6.5" screens then 1 screen that's 6.75" like on my current Samsung S10 5G

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Razer 2 has Verizon certification, as well as the 90Hz-screen OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T. They just don't have CDMA access, which is becoming a common setup.

As for Dual screens, most of the ones I have seen don't have a great second screen (usually smaller or lower resolution). Foldables are still a niche, in which only the Samsung Fold has a US presence until next year.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Razer 2 has Verizon certification, as well as the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T. They just doesn't have CDMA access.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Ok didn't know rasor phone 2 was Verizon certified... that might not be bad even after CDMA shutdown but the one plus 7 pro and 7t support dual screen mods? I'll look into them...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Ok didn't know rasor phone 2 was Verizon certified... that might not be bad even after CDMA shutdown but the one plus 7 pro and 7t support dual screen mods? I'll look into them...

Not sure they support a dual screen setup like that of Asus ROG mods. I know they support external displays using the DisplayPort mode on USB-C.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Not sure they support a dual screen setup like that of Asus ROG mods. I know they support external displays using the DisplayPort mode on USB-C.

The dual screen phones I'm looking at is like the lg g8x with the dual screen case or phones like that... Want dual screen while on the go

Feedback Score
    Even with your S10, capable of CDMA, you likely won't see the CDMA. I used to see it during calls with my old Moto G4, but now with the S10, they keep me on the LTE all the time.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post

I hate to say this but don't get the OnePlus 7 pro or any of the OnePlus phones and expect to use it on Verizon. I had Verizon and I had a OnePlus phone on their text messaging and Wi-Fi calling don't work. So I suggest you avoid OnePlus if you have Verizon.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I hate to say this but don't get the OnePlus 7 pro or any of the OnePlus phones and expect to use it on Verizon. I had Verizon and I had a OnePlus phone on their text messaging and Wi-Fi calling don't work. So I suggest you avoid OnePlus if you have Verizon.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    Did you officially activate the device (either in a Verizon store or through Verizon's activation website), or did you do the SIM swap method? If the latter, that would have been your mistake.

You have to activate a new SIM with the IMEI of the OnePlus to get the SIM provisioned correctly as "CDMA-less." Verizon customer support tends to have issues doing the provisioning change after the fact, but original activation tends to stick.

This is has been the case for all CDMA-less devices, including the Verizon-sold ones such as the Samsung Galaxy A50, RED Hydrogen One or Sonim XP8.