Thread: Sprint billing issues

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint billing issues

Who can address Sprint billing issues other than customer service that everyone calls.

My parents are on a family plan with 3 lines and added two more lines. Should be $20 per additional line but they are being charged $60 & 40 for the additional lines. Even though their bill specifically states that lines 3-(up to)10 would cost $20 per line.

After one phone call they don’t seem to be able to fix it for some reason? Anyone have any ideas on how to have this addressed?

Feedback Score
    try doing a chat - https://www.sprint.com/en/support/co...nity:contactus don't they add taxes & fees for additional lines ??

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Think we figured it out. They added the two new lines incorrectly. Now the wait is on to see if all is well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    In my experience, the chat reps are very good in resolving issues. I prefer that method vs. calling CS directly.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    After a little bit of fun at the beginning my bill has been holding steady. Very happy with Sprint so far. Once they put in Tri-Band LTE Data works good and that is what most smartphones need these days.

And the lower bill can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    After a little bit of fun at the beginning my bill has been holding steady. Very happy with Sprint so far. Once they put in Tri-Band LTE Data works good and that is what most smartphones need these days.

And the lower bill can’t be beat.

I am in the midst of those "beginning pains" with their billing process, which seems worse than I expected. They seem to be "a bit all over the place" when it comes to their own promotions. The good news is the equipment discount promotions took effect immediately, but the Perks Program discount (mine is Premium for Plus pricing) has been 0/2 for me.

The chat people are multi-tasking (like most customer service centers), but it took 30 minutes of my time to do something that should have taken 5 minutes -- so I asked how many chats the person was handling at the same time -- I was told 10 simultaneous chats. I'm no expert here, but that seems to be far too many for any person to handle at the same time.

Feedback Score

Sprint billing issues

Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    I am in the midst of those "beginning pains" with their billing process, which seems worse than I expected. They seem to be "a bit all over the place" when it comes to their own promotions. The good news is the equipment discount promotions took effect immediately, but the Perks Program discount (mine is Premium for Plus pricing) has been 0/2 for me.

The chat people are multi-tasking (like most customer service centers), but it took 30 minutes of my time to do something that should have taken 5 minutes -- so I asked how many chats the person was handling at the same time -- I was told 10 simultaneous chats. I'm no expert here, but that seems to be far too many for any person to handle at the same time.
    Now that plan is setup it has been chugging away, with no issues. One helpful hint might be to call back every few days at different times of the day. Different call centers seem to have different abilities to make adjustments, etc...
    I think they are tightening up on giving random courtesy credits.
    I had an issue where I accidentally disconnected my watch from the cellular plan when resetting it and incurred an ETF. I was confused because they fixed it with a Welcome to Sprint Credit. I was like is that for the watch ETF or is that an earlier store promo I missed? Their back-office researched it and said no it was not a promo, it was issued to cover the ETF. I actually like that they are tightening up on this stuff. Much better to have clear lines and boundaries than to have to fire 1000 customer who call in too much like they did many years ago.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice -- clearly I was "chatting" with an overburdened off-shore rep last night, who might not have actually issued the credit they said they did. I'm going to give it a few days, then call in next time since I already have the documentation of the credit.

Maybe it's middle age setting in, but I am really surprised as what is deemed acceptable customer service these days. It seems that it is now acceptable to waste customer's time with overburdened CS reps who are multi-tasking instead of addressing an issue quickly. With both Sprint and previously T-Mobile, it's a 2-3 minute lag between chat responses. Clearly they kept Sprint's cost of this encounter down below $1 (figure $5/hour x 1/2 hour x a fraction of the rep's time during the chat), which is what it is all about these days.

Also, during the chat, you start with a bot, who passes you off to a live person. That person has also passed me off to a second live person, which required a new authentication and a new explanation of the issue --> that's really poor CS. Hopefully the promotional plan credits will properly post on the next bill, and this will no longer need any of my time to work right...