Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

CWA Donated Thousands to State AGs to dismantle merger

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6098...#sp=show-clips

I would not be surprised if ATT/Verizon used the CWA as a proxy in an attempt to stop T-Mobile from combining with Sprint.

Just my opinion.
    The Internet wasnt meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so its insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead its a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text. John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6098...#sp=show-clips

I would not be surprised if ATT/Verizon used the CWA as a proxy in an attempt to stop T-Mobile from combining with Sprint.

Just my opinion.
    Not surprised many of us already knew who was behind this bologna. The article states the absolute truth that some will try to bury or deny. Who do you think funds the CWA? Need I say more!!
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have no doubt in my mind that Verizon and att are freaking out now that the merger has been approved. The merger is a game changer and the new T-Mobile can do some serious damage in the wireless industry.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that Verizon and att are freaking out now that the merger has been approved. The merger is a game changer and the new T-Mobile can do some serious damage in the wireless industry.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Definitely

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well now T-Mobile can now call up the DOJ to investigate bribes and payoff to the CWA, AT&T, Verizon and each State AG for bribes in a quid pro quo deal. After all the federal government lost in court to AT&T last merger.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    AT&T and VZW are pro-merger. It eliminates a competitor with low prices. They don't have anything to do with CWA other than bargaining.

This is an anti-union fluff piece, nothing more. CWA is against the merger because thousands of jobs will be lost, there's no debating that.

And the union is supposed to be donating to candidates that support union jobs and workers rights. They donate to campaigns, they lobby, that's how things get done.

But let's keep up the conspiracy theories that AT&T and VZW are funneling millions through the CWA (which they'd love to see disappear) to fight the T-Mobile/Sprint merger lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    What is your basis for the claim that "Thousands Of Jobs Will Be Lost?".

It is my understanding that many cellular employees are not union, is that not true? Why would Verizon & AT&T be donating for their support?

I'm just looking for facts, this is not an attack on unions or union workers, but claims need something to back them up.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I want T-Mobile to do well and they seem to be. I'm at the point now, might as well put sprint out of their misery and let T-Mobile use the spectrum properly. To me sprint is so poorly run

Sprint seems to get worse over time and that will probably continue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I want T-Mobile to do well and they seem to be. I'm at the point now, might as well put sprint out of their misery and let T-Mobile use the spectrum properly. To me sprint is so poorly run

Sprint seems to get worse over time and that will probably continue
    Don't tell that to the anti merger people. They think that sprint will magically be fine and softbank will keep dumping millions into the company to keep it afloat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Don't tell that to the anti merger people. They think that sprint will magically be fine and softbank will keep dumping millions into the company to keep it afloat.
    As an anti-merger person [lol] I don't think Sprint will magically be ok.
    I do think SoftBank/Japan will keep dumping hundreds of millions into Sprint.
    It is not a rational decision by SoftBank. It is about saving face.

I just think price wise for consumers, job wise for Sprint & TM workers that a merger
    will hurt them. Prices will jump & workers will lose jobs by the tens of thousands.

All Sprint MVNOs prices will get jacked, TM MVNOs will suffer almost as much.
    And many more MVNOs will cease operations.

See I don't give a flying **** about 5G, better coverage or more competition for ATT & VZW.

I just care that the whole MVNO model will be crushed as far as keeping prices low.
    And thousands will lose their jobs.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It is not a rational decision by SoftBank. It is about saving face.

I just think price wise for consumers, job wise for Sprint & TM workers that a merger
    will hurt them. Prices will jump & workers will lose jobs by the tens of thousands.

All Sprint MVNOs prices will get jacked, TM MVNOs will suffer almost as much.
    And many more MVNOs will cease operations.

See I don't give a flying **** about 5G, better coverage or more competition for ATT & VZW.

I just care that the whole MVNO model will be crushed as far as keeping prices low.
    And thousands will lose their jobs.
    Saving face by continuing pouring money into a failing company? Its like taking an old car that keeps having major breakdowns and having to constantly pour money into it to keep it running? You think shareholders going to let this continue? I know I would not as a shareholder.

Then you go out on a limp and claim that you think x and y, with nothing to back it up. To top it off, stating that you don't care about better coverage, which to some of us is very important with the reasoning that it will crush the MVNO pricing model with again no evidence as ATT and Verizon MVNOs are doing just fine with very reasonable prices. These prices are plenty low where they don't have to be due to superior coverage ATT and Verizon offers.

This post straight up feels like it was produced by the onion.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Give it up Anti- Merger people the merger is going through. In the worst case the states that object to the merger can only order T-Mobile and Sprint to discontinue the services in their states. Leaving only AT&T and Verizon as the only networks In those states. Then the CWA will bleed jobs, AT&T and Verizon will increase the price of their service to reduce saturation of their bandwidth that will make their networks unusable. A state has no power over a National company’s outside their state. Then it will be the States AGs that will face pay for play law suites and criminal fraud for quid pro quo. T-Mobile has won.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Give it up Anti- Merger people the merger is going through. In the worst case the states that object to the merger can only order T-Mobile and Sprint to discontinue the services in their states. Leaving only AT&T and Verizon as the only networks In those states. Then the CWA will bleed jobs, AT&T and Verizon will increase the price of their service to reduce saturation of their bandwidth that will make their networks unusable. A state has no power over a National companys outside their state. Then it will be the States AGs that will face pay for play law suites and criminal fraud for quid pro quo. T-Mobile has won.
    T-Mobile pretty much has but the delays seem like such a waste of resources. I'm definitely sick of us politics, agendas, fighting, etc etc etc

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, the people that think SoftBank will keep tossing more money into Sprint that can’t show a profit. Depending on what the DOJ/FCC does on the Sprint’s Lifeline accounts Fraud, which could be as much as a $5,000 per account or per line penalty if it’s found to be fraudulent, which Moffett estimates could be up to $4.5 billion. in that case Sprint is just going out of business and then sell what assets the banks to cover their massive debt. Then T-Mobile can buy the spectrum for pennies on the dollar from the banks that loaned money to Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It is not a rational decision by SoftBank. It is about saving face....
    Hundreds of $millions would not make much difference in Sprint's ability to upgrade and expand coverage to attract paying customers and make a profit. The number you are looking for is thousands and thousands of $millions.

Over the past ten years Verizon and AT&T have spent about $50 BILLION more each than Sprint to build their networks. It would take a substantial part of $50 billion for Sprint to just get to where T-Mobile is in coverage that attracts paying subscribers.

Softbank does not have money of their own. They are an investment agent. They get money from billionaire investors around the world who think that Softbank will make good investments with their money. Those investors don't give a rat's hindquarters about Softbank saving face. Softbank's board of directors has said, "no more investment in Sprint."

Softbank already owns 84% of Sprint stock. That is the maximum they can hold by stock exchange rules for the stock to remain publicly traded.

Could Softbank just give money to Sprint as a gift? I don't know if that would even be allowed by business laws, but it wouldn't make sense as an investment anyway.

Sprint could issue new shares for Softbank to buy, but that would reduce the stock price to the point that they would be delisted from the stock exchanges.

Sprint could issue bonds for Softbank to buy, but that would make Sprint's debt load even worse than it already is, leading to a further reduction in stock price.

The deal with T-Mo is what Softbank wants to make the best of their investment in Sprint. The DOJ and FCC have approved the deal. The issues with the states will be sorted out.

Jobs and prices may be effected. That's the way free markets and life work. It makes no business sense for Sprint to continue operating at a loss. Businesses adapt and change to operate in the current markets or they die and jobs are lost anyway.

Tell me where I am wrong about Softbank bailing out Sprint.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast