Thread: Does Verizon block sim swapping on new prepaid phones?

Feedback Score

Does Verizon block sim swapping on new prepaid phones?

I have a prepaid verizon nano sim activated on a new Verizon prepaid phone. Worked fine. $30 plan It was on a flip Etalk. Volte phone. Swapped out sim to a Droid Charge with a good quality nano to fullsize sim adaptor (Droid charge is full sized sim). . This is a 4g non volte lte phone. Verizon allows these to be byod sim swapped till Dec 31. Able to make phone calls, texts out and data. No calls or texts in. Tested it on two Droid Charges , same thing, calls and texts out and data no calls or texts in. Swapped sim with Pantech Breakouts still using adaptor, ancient but working phone Verizon 4G non volte lte. Didn't even read sim. Put sim back into original Etalk Verizon prepaid phone. Unable to make calls or texts or anything. Looks like no calls in or out. Doesn't even seem to be reading sim. Has x on the signal bar. WTF . Does Verizon prepaid have a policy of locking the sim? I believe I heard something about it but not sure. If this happens, is there a workaround? Activate new Verizon prepaid sim? Use a Verizon mvno like Page Plus or something's sim? Not sure. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Last edited by Ike D.; 10-30-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    possible you have a damaged or a defective sim ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    possible you have a damaged or a defective sim ??
    Did you check through My Verizon if the device changes registered on the account? That should give you some info on whether any of the swaps went through at all.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    The sim isn’t locked to a certain phone, it seems like the provisioning of the phone is messed up. You may have went from a CDMA-Less phone to a phone with cdma, which authenticate on the network differently. Call support and have them reprovision the line.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo