Feedback Score

Airpod Pro Model

I picked up my pair this morning about 10:30 and have been testing them since then.

So far the Noise Cancelling works well but not as well as my Plantronic over the ear NC set. That's to be expected though, the Plantronics are pretty good units for being several years old. The controls on the Airpod stems are very nice and a welcome change from the primitive controls on my gen 1 units. You can switch NC off & on, pause, skip, and backspace to the beginning of a song. They have a "Transparent" mode that turns on a mic so you can hear around your normally while the Airpods are in your ears with a simple press and hold with music or a call still on. The other side can access Siri, which I like to use to set the volume to custom settings, like 63% and it adjusts the level while still playing. Stereo separation seems better also, but that may be because the background is generally quieter. The comfort level is about the same as my old pair, which is very good. I never had any problems with them being loose and these feel just as secure. I haven't tried any calls yet but I guess I should call my voicemail or answering machine to check that out.

All in all, a nice upgrade, but since my gen 1's are over 2 years old, I feel like I probably needed to replace those soon anyway. BTW, I was at Costco this morning and they have the gen 2 wireless charge set for $145 right now([email protected]) if these don't suit everyone's taste that's the biggest discount I've seen on that pair.
    Last edited by daleraver; 10-30-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Phone
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier
    AT&T/FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    what is the difference between having NC off and transparency mode?
    Nokia 5165> Nokia 6160> Nokia 7120>Nokia 6820> Motorola V600> Motorola V500> Motorola V551>Nokia 8290> Sidekick II>Motorola Razr>Nokia 8800>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Black>LG Prada>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold>Sidekick III>Tmo Dash>BB 8320>BB 8820>iPhone>Tmo G1>BB 8220>BB 9530>BB 8900>MyTouch3G>BB 9630>BB 9550>Google Nexus One><BB 9700>Google Nexus One>BB 9780>BB 9810>BB 9900> HTC One S>HTC One S BLK> Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S4> iPhone 5s>iPhone 6>iPhone 7>iPhone X>iPhone Xs Max

Feedback Score
    My preliminary experience is that Transparency Mode actually amplifies external sounds. When it is off, it's just like you're not connected to your device and the AirPods become earplugs. I did discover that the Noise Control feature in Settings-Bluetooth does not track what the on device controls have switched. So if they say you are in Transparency Mode on your phone, that may not be the case with the AirPods. The phone display will change the settings, but not show what change you have made with the AirPod controls themselves.

I'm beginning to like these more & more after getting used to the added features. I found that I needed to put a small earpiece in my right ear, and medium in my left. I've done some 2-3 hour sessions with them in, and the comfort level is good, also the security is high. I did a workout yesterday and never felt like there was ever any movement that I noticed. Battery life is right at what's quoted, I just hit 50% remaining, running for 2:16 for approximately 4.5 hours with NC on.

BTW, somewhere on line I got a tip I'm using, and that is to label them with your phone number. Hopefully if someone finds them they will have an easy way to find you if they try to connect them to a device.

Feedback Score
    I've decided to add a few more comments rather than keep editing the last post.

The stereo separation is very distinct. I think I'm noticing it mostly because I'm listening to a 1 hit wonder (Oldies) station on Pandora. that generation of music frequently exaggerated the stereo effect as I recall. It isn't quite as pronounced with current music. Having multiple controls on one earpiece is great and also allows for Siri to be available for the other side. You can pause, play, turn NC On/Off, and skip tracks all from one side. I already mentioned having Siri as a volume control is one of my favorite features, along with all of the other general Siri controls.