Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Visible 'Party Pay' Plan - 4 Users w/Separate Bills $25/mo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    What's odd about Visible is that they so severely limit the BYOD choices. I'm looking at moving to some sort of Verizon service because of coverage issues with T-Mobile, but only one of the phones we have will work on Visible but all of them will work on Total Wireless. The cost is about the same for four lines. $95 plus tax on Total Wireless, $100 on Visible.
    I am on the Total Wireless 4 line plan and I don't find a good reason to switch to Visual. 100GB shared vs unlimited? Don't care, the 100GB is 3-4 times more than what we are using anyway.
    Plus, the devices that work on TW don't work on Visual...

The only thing that might appeal to some is the WiFi calling and hotspot. I don't think they are worth the hassle.

Feedback Score
    I think that Verizon wants a prepaid service that can compete with Cricket, as well as some of the MVNO plans like that offered by Verizon MVNO Total Wireless...
    Total Wireless is owned by América Móvil not Verizon. Yes it is on the VZW backbone.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I am on the Total Wireless 4 line plan and I don't find a good reason to switch to Visual. 100GB shared vs unlimited? Don't care, the 100GB is 3-4 times more than what we are using anyway.
    Plus, the devices that work on TW don't work on Visual...

The only thing that might appeal to some is the WiFi calling and hotspot. I don't think they are worth the hassle.
    Visible is LTE only. Generally that's okay, but there are still some places where 3G is still all you can get.

Lack of Wi-Fi calling on TW is somewhat of an issue though with free VOIP services it's not as much of an issue as in the past.

Hotspot is what I don't understand. My colleague uses a hotspot on TW with a Samsung phone he bought from them, it works fine. He also has a TW SIM card in a Verizon Mi-Fi and that also works fine, and TW allowed activation of the Mi-Fi IMEI so they knew what the device was, it's not like he moved a SIM card from a phone to the Mi-Fi. TW must notreally care about hotspot and Mi-Fi use, but Verizon may be telling them that they can't allow it.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, H2O, Boost, MetroPCS, Freedompop, Red Pocket, Ting, Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Visible is NATing a ton of data traffic going through their very few PoPs through a very small amount of IPs?

I've noticed that my captchas have been extortionately hard (recaptcha on Google and others like hcaptcha), and both Google and Facebook are prompting for re-login and re-entering password significantly more often than usual, including requring a captcha in the first password attempt at all.

Feedback Score
    Hotspot is what I don't understand. My colleague uses a hotspot on TW with a Samsung phone he bought from them, it works fine.
    It works "fine" but is against their TOS, so if they detect him, his account can be turned off for that.

Feedback Score
    Recently I bought a new home where I did not have internet. Through the Visible hotspot I was able to have my laptop connected and working at speeds around 23 Mbps without any interruption. While you might get hotspot with other services, with Visible it's built into their service without having to jump through hoops.

Feedback Score
    Even though I am on the grandfathered T-Mobile 55+ plan paying $30 per month per user I am tempted by creating a "Party Pay" plan with Visible mainly because of the unlimited hotspot. I don't have any home Internet, and the higher speed hotspot would be very useful. $100 for four people with unlimited everything is a great price too. One big minus would be the loss of potential international use, which I have taken advantage of on T Mobile a few times in the past couple of years. Not big international travelers, but it makes life super easy to have working phones and internet when you arrive in a foreign country, even if you later purchase a local card.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Even though I am on the grandfathered T-Mobile 55+ plan paying $30 per month per user I am tempted by creating a "Party Pay" plan with Visible mainly because of the unlimited hotspot. I don't have any home Internet, and the higher speed hotspot would be very useful. $100 for four people with unlimited everything is a great price too. One big minus would be the loss of potential international use, which I have taken advantage of on T Mobile a few times in the past couple of years. Not big international travelers, but it makes life super easy to have working phones and internet when you arrive in a foreign country, even if you later purchase a local card.
    You definitely have to investigate what speeds and latency are like for where you'll be using it considering just two POPs right now with two more coming apparently. On the reddit forum for visible I've seen wildly varying speed test results which seem to be tied to location.

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile, FtreedomPop, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Can you not have over 4 members in a "party" so if one drops out you still have at least 4?

Is there a reason we can't set up "parties" here on HF?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, H2O, Boost, MetroPCS, Freedompop, Red Pocket, Ting, Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    You definitely have to investigate what speeds and latency are like for where you'll be using it considering just two POPs right now with two more coming apparently. On the reddit forum for visible I've seen wildly varying speed test results which seem to be tied to location.
    FYI I've also had issues with antifraud stuff when trying to buy stuff online - looks like the IPs I hit typically detect as some wildly variable east coast florida or colorado (which is thousands of km away from where I am)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
    Can you not have over 4 members in a "party" so if one drops out you still have at least 4?

Is there a reason we can't set up "parties" here on HF?
    I read that 4 is the max per group.

I don't know about using HoFo to set up groups, but I've read that Reddit has a thread for that.

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile, FtreedomPop, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I read that 4 is the max per group.
    Yeah, oh well...
    I don't know about using HoFo to set up groups, but I've read that Reddit has a thread for that.
    I've joined a party there, easy peasy

Feedback Score
    What happens if someone drops out of the group? Are the other members made aware, and is there a way and how much time do they give you to add a replacement subscriber without paying extra?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    What happens if someone drops out of the group? Are the other members made aware, and is there a way and how much time do they give you to add a replacement subscriber without paying extra?
    Yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...ing_party_pay/

"What happens if someone leaves the party?

It’s a bummer, but we’ll get through it together. If someone leaves the party, the remaining party members will have their monthly service amount increase by $5 – unless they add another member to the party before the next due date."

Feedback Score
    How do join a party when you are signing up for the first time? Or does it kick in from the second month onwards if you are already a member?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast