Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Visible 'Party Pay' Plan - 4 Users w/Separate Bills $25/mo

Feedback Score
    So I can get a free a7 prime and a $100 gift card ?

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Visible 'Party Pay' Plan - 4 Users w/Separate Bills $25/mo

Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How do you get the $100 prepaid MasterCard ?

Activate BYOD or purchase a device less than $400 and port in your number. Average of 2 weeks after your second month’s payment you’ll receive an email to create your account to achieve your $100 virtual MasterCard.

Purchase a device more than $400 and port in your number you’ll receive $200 instead of $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    I don't get it. I have a truly unlocked S8 non branded and the IMEI still comes up not compatible.
    Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I have checked the IMEI from my S10 and... indeed is not compatible with Visible.
    S8 and S9 are: "Right now we’re available on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, the Motorola G7 Power, the Visible R2, the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL, and the Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL."

Lame.
    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth I'll be "testing the water" with an R2 phone from there app site.
    R2 is $19 phone, with $25 1st month new user plan.
    Yes the R2 is a cheap child's toy at best but good enough to test the service. I'll be leaning toward testing the hotspot for occasional home internet.

Feedback Score
    Visible is an experiment for Verizon. The have created this cloud service to route traffic thru. Every phone has to have a firmware tweek to work with Visible. You would think any Verizon compatible phone would work but that is not the case. I have the factory unlocked U1 model of the Galaxy S10e and my IMEI comes up a no go and Visible sells the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    I don't get it. I have a truly unlocked S8 non branded and the IMEI still comes up not compatible.
    Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Visible is an experiment for Verizon. The have created this cloud service to route traffic thru. Every phone has to have a firmware tweek to work with Visible. You would think any Verizon compatible phone would work but that is not the case. I have the factory unlocked U1 model of the Galaxy S10e and my IMEI comes up a no go and Visible sells the phone.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app
    That brings up the question of whether someone who buys an unlocked phone from Visible and decides not to stay with the service will have any issues down the road with the unlocked phone because its had a firmware tweak.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    That brings up the question of whether someone who buys an unlocked phone from Visible and decides not to stay with the service will have any issues down the road with the unlocked phone because its had a firmware tweak.
    All of the phones they sell are unlocked. Phones leased with Affirm are also unlocked and you do not have to remain a Visible customer. You just continue the financial agreement with Affirm.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    All of the phones they sell are unlocked. Phones leased with Affirm are also unlocked and you do not have to remain a Visible customer. You just continue the financial agreement with Affirm.

I get that they are unlocked and my post had nothing to do with that or leasing.

The firmware tweak must do something though that affects how the phone works or they'd take any unlocked phone that is on their supported list and that's been shown not to be the case.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I get that they are unlocked and my post had nothing to do with that or leasing.

The firmware tweak must do something though that affects how the phone works or they'd take any unlocked phone that is on their supported list and that's been shown not to be the case.
    The tweak is just a specific carrier bundle. Think about how one US model SM-G973U S10 covers so many different carriers. It has specific carriers bundles built into the firmware. Nothing happens unless a specific sim is put into the phone. Visible has stated that its been hard to get manufacturers to devote resources and put the bundle into all their phones because the ROI would be low. Visible is still really small and doesn't sell a lot of phones. I've wondered if they got some help from Verizon to lean on the manufacturers for the ones they do sell.

Feedback Score
    I would really like to use my factory unlocked Moto G7 instead of the ZTE A7 that I got from Visible. Since the Moto is factory unlocked for all carriers I wonder if a sim swap would work. I haven't had the nerve to try yet.

Feedback Score
    I don't think that's specifically a "firmware". It's just another app that, IMO, should be downloadable - the app that allows using VoIP to make phone calls. I doubt they have a firmware with that baked-in the OS, I rather think that app is so buggy that doesn't work correctly on all the phones yet. Similar with FreedomPop app that "hooks" into SMS and Dialer functions.
    Probably not on Android 10 that I have on my S10, so that's why is not listed as "compatible".

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    OK I can buy that guys thanks.

The prices can be crazy low though either way but also odd. The iphone 8 plus I looked at is $360 but $500+ in gray. Who cares what color it is since people would likely be using a case or something.

I may give this a real shot. I'd feel bad about just getting the phone for the savings.

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile, FtreedomPop, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    It's mostly a matter of the phone covering the newer Verizon LTE bands and supporting VOLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    So I can get a free a7 prime and a $100 gift card ?

Not this good!

But otherwise the deals at Visible are very good.

For all the perks including master card promotion you need to port a number in and not have swapped.

1. If you bring your own phone, you can get $100 master card after two months of service
    2. With phones above $400 like Pixel, iPhone etc. you get $200 master card after two months of service
    3. With phones less than $400, few of them you get $100 master card after two months of service
    4. Some phones you get additional stuff like tablet or earbuds or speaker
    5. Few phones you can get free with swap. Send in any old android phone that powers up. You input the IMEI initially; visible tells you it's not compatible; and will offer the swap phone; Once you receive the phone, you send your replacement back to them; and pay for one month of service $25 or $20 if you use a referral code from an existing member. But no master card with swap

Like someone mentioned, I also think Verizon is testing out LTE network. Service is through LTE only.

I brought my phone and have received the $100 for bringing my own phone. I was going to quit after two months. But then I needed the hot spot as I had to work remotely away from my home. And this came in handy. Now they introduced the Party pay through which your service is $25 and then I have racked up some referral code which knocks off another $20 every period. In the end I am paying just $5 per month. And I have referral code stacked for next few months.

My sprint free plan ended in Sep which was $5 after taxes. Visible has replaced that now.

Feedback Score
    Like someone mentioned, I also think Verizon is testing out LTE network. Service is through LTE only.

I'm currently on TW and was inside a building today with poor reception and my phone changed to 3G. Are you saying no 3G in poor reception areas?
    Thank you

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast