Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Visible 'Party Pay' Plan - 4 Users w/Separate Bills $25/mo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    What is reason there a limitation on BYOD?

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    I would think it's to limit the required trouble shooting to just a few phones. And selling thousands of phones doesn't hurt their bottom line.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, H2O, Boost, MetroPCS, Freedompop, Red Pocket, Ting, Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Appears to use separate provisioning profiles. If your phone picks it up as 'Verizon' and not 'Visible' provisioning fails. Different URLs. Looks like VoLTE only - NO traditional voice service.

Most old phones I tried assume the sim is a Verizon sim - so provision fails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by owo_whats_this View Post
    ...Looks like VoLTE only - NO traditional voice service...
    Isn't this going to cut a large swath in VZWs supreme coverage for Visible customers vs VZW customers?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, H2O, Boost, MetroPCS, Freedompop, Red Pocket, Ting, Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Isn't this going to cut a large swath in VZWs supreme coverage for Visible customers vs VZW customers?
    I mean, visible is LTE only. They do not support CDMA or anything before LTE in any way, so I don't see how this matters (Correct me if I'm wrong).

That being said I am using Visible and postpaid Verizon and in an urban area I can already see massive differences because of deprioritization when busy.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Not really since the majority (in some reports almost all) of VZW coverage is VoLTE capable, and even some areas are going LTE only due to equipment changes. Also, most of Verizon's non-flagship phones don't have CDMA, including currently selling dumb flip phones, so people upgrading will likely be in the same boat as Visible customers when they upgrade devices.
    We know Verizon already put CDMA on legacy status and is basically on life support for the next year. This in't like Sprint where if you lose CDMA you really can't do anything. I know rural coverage is "blah blah"... Visible doesn't seem to be aimed towards rural customers.
    So for the pricing, it's not bad being VoLTE only.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    It certainly beats the crap out of T-Mobile and Sprint in rural areas.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How is this compared to Total Wireless offering?

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    How is this compared to Total Wireless offering?
    Better for the most part. Visible has basically Unlimited full speed data, which is better than TW being throttled at 25GB (30/60/100GB if on a family plan). Also the bills are separate, so as long as all people are paying the discount sticks. Even at $35-40 it is a pretty good deal.

Also Visible officially has hotspot, which isn't yet official with TW, and they also have WIFi Calling on most devices directly supported.
    Since Visible and TW have the same data priority status, you wouldn't see a difference in data speeds.

The only advantages TW has would be CDMA fallback, that's less of an advantage as time goes on, and the ability to have a data-less plan.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm an outlier in expectations here. Although I don't know how large the swath is, it's a legitimate concern in the immediate future. In another year, Visible customers will be in the same boat as most Verizon customers regarding legacy CDMA-- even if that puts everyone on an even footing for voice, their still may be an impact on voice coverage for some or many in rural areas.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I guess I'm an outlier in expectations here. Although I don't know how large the swath is, it's a legitimate concern in the immediate future. In another year, Visible customers will be in the same boat as most Verizon customers regarding legacy CDMA-- even if that puts everyone on an even footing for voice, their still may be an impact on voice coverage for some or many in rural areas.
    When the spectrum being used by CDMA is all transferred to LTE there shouldn't be much difference in coverage at all.

Feedback Score
    It is similar to why republic wireless has such a small BYOD list. They need to get the phone manufacturers to make software updates in order to support whatever visible is doing behind the scenes.

found this by a visible employee, maybe it helps clarify things:

"The whole point of Visible is to have the next generation cloud based network core that all carriers will move to in the future. To be the first step for the rest of Verizon to move to the cloud instead of physical network cores. All we need is for each carrier to make the update so that their phones can connect with a new network core. "

Feedback Score
    I think Visible is roughly half the cost of Verizon post-paid unlimited. So you have to expect you are going to give up something for the price cut.

Visible may work for someone or it may not. I think everyone has to evaluate their own needs and decide if they can, or have to, live with.

I have a line on Visible and I'm thinking of making it my primary personal line. My employer issues me a phone using AT&T post-paid service. So I have the ability to try out different options on my personal mobile phone because I always have the ability to fall back on my work line if I really need to contact someone. I also have outstanding internet connectivity at home and at work.

I also understand that other people have a different lifestyle from mine. So their needs and wants could be very different from mine.

I went over to the reddit subforum and managed to join up with a group someone was forming. I have no idea who the other group members are and no way to contact them. But if I save $15 in a month it will be worth it. If the others in the group bail I'll try to join another group to see if I can keep the discount going.

Again, I have the ability to do this. I realize that not everyone does.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Software has to be updated by the manufacturer, not Visible’s fault I don’t think.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Did the Party thing through a link on Reddit and I already got an email from Visible that we are up and running and the monthly bill will not reflect a $15.00 credit for a “party” of four.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Software has to be updated by the manufacturer, not Visible’s fault I don’t think.
    yeah, thats it basically. Theres many hardware compatible phones, but the software needs something updated by the mfr. Which is why I left republic after a couple months. I wanted to get a new phone, but the one I wanted wasn't compatible and I didn't want to feel forced to buy one of theirs or from the few on their BYOD list. So I simply left. I have 6 people I COULD recommend visible to, but none of them have approved devices, and theres no way I could convince them to buy new/other compatible devices just to try out visible.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast