Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Visible 'Party Pay' Plan - 4 Users w/Separate Bills $25/mo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    How do join a party when you are signing up for the first time? Or does it kick in from the second month onwards if you are already a member?
    Just pick one at
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Reddit is custom made for stuff like that - just create a group - poof it exists!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    What happens if someone drops out of the group? Are the other members made aware, and is there a way and how much time do they give you to add a replacement subscriber without paying extra?
    The remaining party members each receive an e-mail notifying them that someone left the group. You just need to post your the link to your public party page on the subreddit that comintel linked to and chances are in a few hours you'll have another member. Easy as that.

I had to try four or five groups in the subreddit before I found one that had an opening. They fill up that fast. And when they fill up someone else starts a new party for others to join.

With Visible, the part never ends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
    The remaining party members each receive an e-mail notifying them that someone left the group. You just need to post your the link to your public party page on the subreddit that comintel linked to and chances are in a few hours you'll have another member. Easy as that.

I had to try four or five groups in the subreddit before I found one that had an opening. They fill up that fast. And when they fill up someone else starts a new party for others to join.

With Visible, the part never ends.
    I created a new party, posted in reddit and it was full within a couple hours. $5/mo for the next 4 months with the referral credits on my account. I use it just for testing and the hotspot at this point.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Even though I am on the grandfathered T-Mobile 55+ plan paying $30 per month per user I am tempted by creating a "Party Pay" plan with Visible mainly because of the unlimited hotspot. I don't have any home Internet, and the higher speed hotspot would be very useful. $100 for four people with unlimited everything is a great price too. One big minus would be the loss of potential international use, which I have taken advantage of on T Mobile a few times in the past couple of years. Not big international travelers, but it makes life super easy to have working phones and internet when you arrive in a foreign country, even if you later purchase a local card.
    Yes, the loss of the included low-speed data on our T-Mobile plan was a consideration. But we were already buying local SIM cards after arrival. However for the countries we go to I found several workarounds. Global SIM cards that work in all countries, even though the cost for pay-as-you-go data is high, can get you by until you can purchase a local SIM card. These global SIM cards don't expire and don't charge any recurring monthly fees. There are local SIM cards can be purchased on Amazon prior to traveling and work upon arrival.

Feedback Score
    I just joined visible and paid for the 1st month anyone know when I should join one of the party pay groups?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    I just joined visible and paid for the 1st month anyone know when I should join one of the party pay groups?
    As soon as possible, before the next bill is due.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Yes, the loss of the included low-speed data on our T-Mobile plan was a consideration. But we were already buying local SIM cards after arrival. However for the countries we go to I found several workarounds. Global SIM cards that work in all countries, even though the cost for pay-as-you-go data is high, can get you by until you can purchase a local SIM card. These global SIM cards don't expire and don't charge any recurring monthly fees. There are local SIM cards can be purchased on Amazon prior to traveling and work upon arrival.
    I've always joked that I've never owned a pickup truck because I didn't want to be stuck with a big uncomfortable vehicle the 363 days a year I didn't need one, and would just rent a truck the few times I did.

Similarly, although I'm happy enough with T-Mo, I wouldn't want a carrier I was unhappy with 51 weeks a year to have "free" international roaming the one week I was abroad.

Before I "upgraded" from my old grandfathered T-Mo plan (that lacked the international text/data feature) I simply activated T-Mo tablet lines ($20/month each if you're not a T-Mo voice customer, $10/month if you are, and support "free" international roaming) for each of us when we went abroad, and cancelled them we came back, paying a smaller pro-rated charge for the fraction of the month they were active. T-Mo "tablet" plans work just fine in a phone (except you have no voice calling, which doesn't bother the kids at all, and between Google Voice and Skype we had plenty of voice calling alternatives.)

When my older daughter left for college near the Canadian boarder, I changed to a T-Mo plan that included roaming, so she didn't have to worry about service if she and her friends ran up to the Great White North for whatever reason. (Most likely the lower drinking age, legal Kinder Eggs, and a decent plate of poutine!)

Last summer we went to a few different countries in Europe and did very well with Three UK data SIMs (like with T-Mo tablet plans, no native voice service, but worked fine in phones for text and data). Most of Europe has "free" roaming within the EU, and Three UK SIMs are cheap and easily available on eBay and Amazon so you can activate before you leave.

Long story short (too late, I know!) I wouldn't let T-Mo's "free" international roaming pressure you into keeping T-Mo service if you're unhappy with it. Plenty of cheap and easy alternatives are available for infrequent travelers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So, for someone that has or is willing to buy a Visible-compatible phone, is there any downside to using Visible's $25/mo Party Pay, especially for someone that uses 15-20GB/mo??

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Just a quick question for people who have set this up or joined one - what information is shared the person who set up the party? Are you seeing the other number(s) that have joined or just that someone has joined?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Just a quick question for people who have set this up or joined one - what information is shared the person who set up the party? Are you seeing the other number(s) that have joined or just that someone has joined?
    First name, Area code and last 4 of phone number. That's for all 4 members in the party.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have success activating a rugged phone on Visible? Verizon sells a Sonim but not listed for sale on Visible. By rugged I mean can withstand water, sand, occasional drops without needing a secondary case.
    Currently using a Doogee S90 rugged phone with Mint and Piranha. Would consider switching in a few months to Visible party pay...would increase US coverage area and unlimited data would mean I might no longer need an AT&T Mobley plan in a mifi device. But would need a rugged Verizon approved phone. In theory the Doogee does cover some Verizon bands but would need to sim swap to possibly make that work.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    So, for someone that has or is willing to buy a Visible-compatible phone, is there any downside to using Visible's $25/mo Party Pay, especially for someone that uses 15-20GB/mo??
    All phones sold buy Visible are unlocked, according to their FAQ as well as user reports. I recently bought an iPhone from them and it is unlocked.

I haven't seen any downside to Party Pay, but I've only been using Visible for a few weeks. With Party Pay, everyone in the party can leave at any time, and any member can approve a new member to replace that person. I'm in a party with three other strangers, and I can see their first names, area codes and last 4 digits of their phone numbers. Billing is totally separate.

So far I'm happy with Visible's (Verizon) coverage and speed in Southern California versus Cricket (AT&T), Ultra (T-Mobile) and Sprint postpaid. Fewer loss of signals and same or faster speeds than the other three carriers. But your mileage may vary depending on specific location and congestions.

Having said all that, I would NOT recommend Visible unless you can troubleshoot problems yourself as customer service is hit-and-miss and plenty of horrible experiences with ordering, porting and acivation issues have been reported. In my case, I could not activate the SIM in the new iPhone (unknown error in the app) until I saw several people reported the same thing in the Visible reddit and the solution was to activate in an Android and then swap the SIM back to the iPhone. Luckily, I have a spare Nexus 5x and used that to activate the SIM. Even now, the app still pops up with a message saying Visible is stiil waiting for my previous carrier to unplug my service!!! FYI, the Visible app is only require for activation; you can uninstall it and service still works.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post

Having said all that, I would NOT recommend Visible unless you can troubleshoot problems yourself
    I'll echo this statement. Been with visible for 3 months and you will get situations where some basic troubleshooting is required, toggle airplane mode and reboot phone type stuff.

The Dec security patch from google broke calling and texting on my pixel 3a. Had to reboot with a different sim to reset settings. Everything worked after that. While people seem to have non compatible phones working with a sim swap, I'd be wary of doing that after seeing what happened with my compatible phone.

If you don't mind the occasional hiccup then its a great service for unbeatable price. Really happy I decided to give it a try. So nice not to have to worry about how much data I'm using.

Feedback Score
    I just activated and got a free ZTE blade A7 from Visible. All I have to do is send in an old working android phone. Phone seems pretty adequate and I believe I will also get a $100 gift card after I pay for the 2nd month. Also joined one of the party pay groups to get the $25 monthly rate.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast