Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

AT&T Providing Relief for Customers in California 👍

https://about.att.com/pages/disaster...er_outage.html

Thank you, AT&T!

This one covers us in Redwood Valley

"To keep AT&T wireless and AT&T PREPAID customers in areas directly affected by the Power Shutdowns throughout California connected during this difficult time, we’re providing unlimited talk, text and data access by issuing credits and waiving overage charges.

This offer is for customers based in 802 specific zip codes and runs from October 29, 2019 through midnight on November 2. We will apply the credits and waivers automatically for AT&T wireless customers with billing addresses and AT&T PREPAID customers with phone numbers in directly impacted zip codes* at this time.1 Customers in these areas may still receive alerts during these dates, but accounts will reflect the credits and/or waived data, voice and text charges.."

The most recent psps outage affected us from Saturday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon, AT&T's network performed well, especially considering the load placed on it with cable and other broadband out during the outages. I never lost a signal, the network did slow down at times, sometimes a lot, but it stayed up 24x7, it hopped around a lot, between AT&T Bands 2, 4, 12, 14 and 30, and even to USCC Band 5 LTE a couple of brief times! I was really surprised to be able to use USCC LTE at all on my AT&T phone, but I'm sure they had some agreement in place to allow that during the outages to ensure people, and emergency personnel stayed connected, no matter what.

Last edited by ilvla2; 11-01-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know there are others on here that have also been affected by these outages and/or fires, chime in if this has helped you, or someone you know. I'm glad they are doing this, I'm sure some of the motivation behind it was for the good publicity, but it is a goodwill gesture, and we appreciate it, and any and all help we get. A huge thanks to all the first responders, and to the PG&E employees, who, despite being employed by a super crappy company, did their best for us, which I'm sure wasn't easy.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-02-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I went through 3 of the 4 outages in October.
    The first one at the beginning of the month, AT&T’s site lasted about 40 minutes after the power went out. After the battery backup was depleted it was dead for the next 2 days.
    Lots of people upset, especially some agencies in the county that subscribe to FirstNet.

Come the 2nd outage, noticed service was in and out in the hours before the outage even happened. But once the outage happened the site stayed up around the clock. Same with the last outage. Drove up to the site to check it out and they got their generator repaired finally.
    Speeds definitely slowed but were useable.
    The slowest I saw was in the evenings when everyone was home at about 1Mbps down and .50Mbps up.

Anyway, it was nice to see them actually fix something instead of neglecting the issue. FirstNet was probably a big driving force behind the quick repair.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo