Thread: HELP! Something changed on my Tracfone Voicemail (iPhone7 on "Verizon")

Feedback Score

HELP! Something changed on my Tracfone Voicemail (iPhone7 on "Verizon")

Hi. I have been so happy with my tracfone services for many years. I have had my current iPhone7 running on Tracfones's "Verizon" service for several years without an issue. Now, something has gone whacky with my voicemail. I used to be able to go to voicemail in my phone app, and see my voicemails. It would even attempt to convert what people said into text.

Now, I don't even get an alert saying that I have a voicemail. When I go to voicemail in my phone app, it says "Call Voicemail". Calling voicemail does work, but it is a pain.

This may all be related to the fact that my data service stopped working a few weeks ago. To fix my data issue, I uninstalled the Tracfone/Verizon profile (Settings, General, Profiles). I got the profile originally from http://ivzwentp.tracfone.com/ I think that profile was what made my voicemail work the way I wanted originally.

Any insight on either of these issues? Did something change on Verizon's end?

Feedback Score
    I will add that I have texted "APN" to 611611, and it says I'm up to date (with no profile installed). It is correct in that my data does work, but my voicemail has lost functionality.

Feedback Score
    I get these cryptic text messages if I call my voicemail or if someone leaves me a message.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1573077362.794984.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  42.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhagadorn View Post
    This may all be related to the fact that my data service stopped working a few weeks ago. To fix my data issue, I uninstalled the Tracfone/Verizon profile (Settings, General, Profiles). I got the profile originally from http://ivzwentp.tracfone.com/ I think that profile was what made my voicemail work the way I wanted originally.
    You are speaking of Visual Voicemail, and it does work on LTE data. There must have been something in the original profile that makes it work. There are a couple of APNs used for Android phones on Tracfone/Verizon, but not sure about iPhone profiles. Need an iPhone expert here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhagadorn View Post
    I get these cryptic text messages if I call my voicemail or if someone leaves me a message.
    Aha, seen something like that before in Android phones. It is from an account that is enabled for Visual Voicemail, but the phone is not capable of reading it.

Feedback Score

HELP! Something changed on my Tracfone Voicemail (iPhone7 on "Verizon")

Thanks, yes, it is definitely Visual Voicemail (I just googled it). Strange thing is that it has worked for years and it suddenly stopped working. My friend at work has an iPhone 11pro on StraightTalk, and he is in the same boat.

I just put the profile back on, and it didn’t fix the visual voicemail. It did, however, ruin my cellular data connection again.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1573078934.464538.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  30.0 KB

Feedback Score
    What about this that a lot of people seem to use:

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You might need them to reset the your voicemail because there is iPhone Visual Voicemail and Android Visual Voicemail. Looks like you have Android Visual Voicemail. Not sure how to get it switched.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm. I’ll see if tracfone can reset it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    A new SIM card eliminated the need for an APN profile instillation on my, then, iPhone 6 in July of 2018. Data worked great, no extra profile.

I just called my, now, iPhone 7 (Tracfone branded purchase December 2018) from another number, and VVM with transcript worked normally. I’m on Verizon service.

If you have an older SIM card - maybe pre-2018 - it may be worth transferring to a newer one. Just my 2 cents

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    If you have an older SIM card - maybe pre-2018 - it may be worth transferring to a newer one. Just my 2 cents
    I agree. Have found some of the older SIM card packets I have don’t activate properly. Don’t know why.