Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 60 Day locking policy

Feedback Score
    That's an abuse to lock an unlocked BYOP that came from outside their network.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There is a lot we don't know about this case. I only offered an opinion and a possible solution.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    There is a lot we don't know about this case. I only offered an opinion and a possible solution.
    I was wondering if it had something to do with the Note 10+ 5G still being a Verizon exclusive phone. But the 60 day locking policy doesn't give exclusions for such devices.

When I try to manually enter the carrier specific APN with the different SIM, the screen turns blank when I save the info. The device is obviously blocking my attempt to enter the info to jump onto another carrier. When I get a chance I will call Verizon. Thanks for the info. I will let you guys know what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I was wondering if it had something to do with the Note 10+ 5G still being a Verizon exclusive phone. But the 60 day locking policy doesn't give exclusions for such devices. When I try to manually enter the carrier specific APN with the different SIM, the screen turns blank when I save the info. The device is obviously blocking my attempt to enter the info to jump onto another carrier. When I get a chance I will call Verizon. Thanks for the info. I will let you guys know what happens.
    here's the unlocking policy - https://www.verizon.com/about/consum...locking-policy also see this - https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ve...-half-of-2019/

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I've read those. I'm about a week past the 60 days which should allow me to insert an AT&T SIM, for example, and it should connect using the correct APN based on the carrier automatically.

Even though it was purchased directly from Samsung, it is running Verizon firmware. The 5G Note 10 may not get the BYOD firmware due to the limited 5G technology which only utilizes mmWave.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I've read those. I'm about a week past the 60 days which should allow me to insert an AT&T SIM, for example, and it should connect using the correct APN based on the carrier automatically. Even though it was purchased directly from Samsung, it is running Verizon firmware. The 5G Note 10 may not get the BYOD firmware due to the limited 5G technology which only utilizes mmWave.
    have you tried going into the Note 10s settings and changing the "preferred network type" to LTE / GSM / UMTS ??

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    have you tried going into the Note 10s settings and changing the "preferred network type" to LTE / GSM / UMTS ??
    Yes. Even LTE only

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is the phone on the Device Payment Plan ? I suggest you contact Customer Service for clarification.

Feedback Score
    do calls work with the AT&T sim ??

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    OK. I called Verizon customer service this evening and had them check my device. Turns out that my Note 10+ 5G did not automatically unlock after 60 days for some reason, but after 5 minutes they sent a text with a code I had to verify with the rep. That was it. It now works with different carrier SIMs. I did pop in my AT&T SIM and was able to connect after some settings changes. After seeing this, there is a good chance that most or all the CA combos work, even though the device is still on Verizon firmware and not BYOD firmware. No VoLTE on T, just UMTS calling.

Name:  Screenshot_20191115-191711_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  51.3 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3