Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T Mobile $15/mo Connect Prepaid Plan UTT, 2gb data w/500mb Added/Monthly for 5yrs

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    If Sprint goes bankrupt the government does not need to allow the other big 3 to buy it.

The government should stop the merger and force T-Mobile and Sprint to sell the same assets to enable dish as a 5th carrier.

The government should help create more competition not less.
    Agreed. I sure don't want the US cellular market to become like Canada's!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    First...
    I also agree with what you said in your post.

But it seems like we're helpless to do anything to stop it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Agreed. I sure don't want the US cellular market to become like Canada's!
    That is stupid. You want these 2 to have LESS assets? Why so at&t an Verizon can continue to offer less for more? Sprint is NOT competition and I'm soooo sick of obtuse people who don't get this yet. I'm for the merger but now I actually want it to fail so when Sprint becomes the clusterf--k that anyone with eyes and logical thinking can see that it will become and I come back and see "I told you so" Please explain what has Sprint done in the last DOZEN years to prove they can actually be REAL viable competition that actually cause at&t and Verizon to make SUBSTANTIAL changes. Not the piddly ones they have made.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    That is stupid. You want these 2 to have LESS assets? Why so at&t an Verizon can continue to offer less for more? Sprint is NOT competition and I'm soooo sick of obtuse people who don't get this yet. I'm for the merger but now I actually want it to fail so when Sprint becomes the clusterf--k that anyone with eyes and logical thinking can see that it will become and I come back and see "I told you so" Please explain what has Sprint done in the last DOZEN years to prove they can actually be REAL viable competition that actually cause at&t and Verizon to make SUBSTANTIAL changes. Not the piddly ones they have made.
    If the Merger doesn't happen it won't be pretty.

1 - Massive layoffs for Sprint - all customer service shifted to the Philippines
    2 - Bankruptcy filing - Junk bond holders lose 20+ billion on day 1
    3 - Asset sales to meet debt owed to secured creditors (like Son)
    3a - auctions off band 41 spectrum in an open not secret auction (T-Mobile AT&T & Verizon throw the kitchen sink at this, Verizon wins auction)
    3b - auctions off band 25 ( significant interest here)
    3c - auctions anything that's not nailed down
    3d - sells Boost (Dish - Adderton or Hello Mobile)
    3e - sells Virgin Mobile (ditto from Boost)
    3f - remains taken over by venture capital firm who reorganizes and sells off in a couple of years
    4 - Sprint officially disappears within 6mos of announcement that merger has been canceled.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    If Sprint goes bankrupt the government does not need to allow the other big 3 to buy it.

The government should stop the merger and force T-Mobile and Sprint to sell the same assets to enable dish as a 5th carrier.

The government should help create more competition not less.
    Dish has been sitting on spectrum for years and not using it. It is hard to believe they really want to enter the wireless voice/data business.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    For me, it's not about Sprint, it's about T-Mobile. T-Mo is (was?) only a disruptive force in wireless because they had to be. They couldn't compete on coverage, so they competed on price and customer service. When they become fat, dumb and happy post-merger, they'll lose the incentive to be disruptive.

I know the popular narrative around the T-Mo Zealots here is that John Legere is some kind of corporate hippy or Robin Hood that wants to "stick it to the Man" and tear down the "establishment" carriers like AT&T and Verizon and fight for the "little guy" consumers, but look at how T-Mobile has changed between when they first launched Uncarrier back when they were a struggling 4th place carrier, and now when they've had quarter after quarter of record adds, low churn, and increased market share.

Uncarrier 1.0 "maverick" T-Mobile ended overages, killed contracts and activation fees, and offered free international roaming, upending the usual M.O. of cell carriers.

Recent drunk-on-their-success T-Mo has increased the price of SIM cards from $1 to $20, and now charges a $25 "assistance fee" if you dare to buy a phone in a store or by calling telesales rather than ordering one online. These are the "re-carrier" acts of moderately successful 3rd-place T-Mo. I don't even want see the monster that the post-merger T-Mohemoth will become.

T-Mo has already outlined in their FCC fillings for the merger that they can still build their 5G network without the merger. Sure, it'll take longer and won't have the capacity of a combined T-Mo/Sprint, but that's ok with me- I'd rather have the old, hungry T-Mo back- the one that's always looking over their shoulder, afraid to raise prices or implement anti-consumer policies, and constantly looking for new ways to stick it to AT&T or Verizon. I want the old T-Mo that's trying to fight the Big Two, not this new T-Mo that wants to join the same country club the Big Two belong to, and share a brandy and cigar with them...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    My .02 merger fails & SoftBank keeps Sprint limping along for at least 2-5 yrs.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Phonearena was told by a rep at Tmo that there will also be a $30 UTT 10gb plan that all these will include 5G service when its turned up - then Tmobile contacted them to say the rep was wrong about a $30 plan.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mo...rices_id120384

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Right now I'm only on T-Mobile because their postpaid plan allows me to add my Cellular Apple Watch on their plan for considerably less than ATT or Verizon. So I'm paying extra to handle an emergency case. And the ability, if I want, to go someplace I can't carry my phone but can take my water resistant watch.

I wonder whether this plan will allow the watch to be added to it? If so, I could make my T-Mobile my backup phone plan. And then my backup phone is always with me

Back from a quick google search. See that you need a new 5G phone. So I'll think about it next fall in case I decide to upgrade from my iPhone X then (will be 3 years old).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2