Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did You Get Your Bonus Data (and price hike) from AT&T?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Did You Get Your Bonus Data (and price hike) from AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    On JUL/01/2018, AT&T "doubled your data" on the Mobile Share Advantage plan. The smaller doubles ( 3GB to 6, 6GB to 12, etc,) were $5.00/ month the larger doubles were $10.00/month, etc. Somewhere there is a chart with the matrix of the GB increases and the corresponding price increase.

I cancelled mt AT&t post paid plan because this was done prior to my consent.AT&T "touched" my account without my permission; neither expressed nor implied.

The AT&T that can giveth is the AT&T that can taketh away. And that fact gives me pause and concern and is very disconcerting.

Along with the fact that all, each and every, all of the CSRs thought--believed--that the account belonged to AT&T.

AT&T did offer to waive the $5.00 fee. All of the CSRs had difficulty with the fact that I refused the "deal", Yes, twice as much data as before for $5.00/month more was a price decrease, but to me it wasn't a "deal" because of the way process happened.

I'm a little bit suprised that there has not been a class action civil suit over these doings by now.
    When AT&T doubled my 6Gb plan to 12Gb I was ok with it, because it was only a $5 increase. It was a great deal at the time for an extra 6Gb. But if Iím forced to go to 24Gb for $10 more then Iím leaving for prepaid. I donít need all that data.
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    When AT&T doubled my 6Gb plan to 12Gb I was ok with it, because it was only a $5 increase. It was a great deal at the time for an extra 6Gb. But if Iím forced to go to 24Gb for $10 more then Iím leaving for prepaid. I donít need all that data.
    I'm on the 25GB Walmart plan now as well

Feedback Score
    When AT&T doubled my 6Gb plan to 12Gb I was ok with it, because it was only a $5 increase. It was a great deal at the time for an extra 6Gb. But if I’m forced to go to 24Gb for $10 more then I’m leaving for prepaid. I don’t need all that data.
    I think that's waht AT&T wants. I think they are "pruning the vine" both the little branches and the big branches.

AT&T still gets our money on prepaid and they have a whole lot less hassles and overhead costs for it. If it wasn;t that way, then they wouldn;t do it.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Did You Get Your Bonus Data (and price hike) from AT&T?

I think that's waht AT&T wants. I think they are "pruning the vine" both the little branches and the big branches.

AT&T still gets our money on prepaid and they have a whole lot less hassles and overhead costs for it. If it wasn;t that way, then they wouldn;t do it.
    Thereís no guarantee that I and many others will go to AT&T for prepaid. I just might give another network a try if the price is right.

Feedback Score
    @DRC72

I guess my overall question is why are they being so rude and obnoxiois about it? This is the way it is, take it or leave it.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'll stick with my 50GB base plan/line on T-Mobile. My work AT&T phone still tagged at 3GB/200 minutes pooled.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    @DRC72

I guess my overall question is why are they being so rude and obnoxiois about it? This is the way it is, take it or leave it.
    Iím guessing they donít care if low margin customers leave. But if that is the case then why? Even if itís a small profit itís still money their making. Maybe they feel itís not worth the hassle? Higher margins are all their interested in? Maybe somebody in the corporate world can chime in.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    TERRIBLE optics. My wife pays the bills and she told me about it, I was like, WHAT? I dont NEED 20GB but I need more than 2, now I get MORE of what I don't need and get charged more. Nice move, AT&T. And they wonder why people don't have any love for them.

Going to have to give some serious thought to Verizon Or T-Mobile. Although they both are more of the same.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    They hit our 10GB+10GB and increased it to 35GB, we called and switched back to the 20GB we had before. I've been reading that's not possible, but it was for us. The account has been active since the 1990's, so that might have helped.

They're trying to increase ARPU, the problem is that they are doing it in a really nasty way to try and minimize churn. They don't have the balls to just de-grandfather old plans, as they would have to deal with a quarter of much higher churn as a result. They want everyone on UDPs to increase ARPU, especially since they have a really good spectrum position.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stogie5150 View Post
    TERRIBLE optics. My wife pays the bills and she told me about it, I was like, WHAT? I dont NEED 20GB but I need more than 2, now I get MORE of what I don't need and get charged more. Nice move, AT&T. And they wonder why people don't have any love for them.

Going to have to give some serious thought to Verizon Or T-Mobile. Although they both are more of the same.
    Yeah all the carriers seem similar in that regard. My T-Mobile Sim pooped out and they charged me for a new one and that was when I had postpaid and spent quite a bit each month.

Since firstnet started rolling out I'm really finding att to be the best network for me, so hopefully there won't be too many changes. If they keep upgrading like they have been I can handle one increase, but no more than that any time soon

Have a prepaid T-Mobile and Verizon prepaid that work well overall also, but att still seems to outperform both now. To make up for any increase I can always drop one of those prepaids

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Since firstnet started rolling out I'm really finding att to be the best network for me, so hopefully there won't be too many changes. If they keep upgrading like they have been I can handle one increase, but no more than that any time soon
    Unfortunately, since there is basically a duopoly, they aren't terribly price competitive, and at the end of the day, it boils down to what works in your market. In my market, AT&T has a bit of a coverage lead over Verizon, and has much better speeds since Verizon has a huge market share and a lousy spectrum position. And it's not like a new Verizon plan would be cheaper than my current AT&T plan anyway, even if we hadn't been able to get the "Bonus" data "Upgrade" removed.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    And it's not like a new Verizon plan would be cheaper than my current AT&T plan anyway, even if we hadn't been able to get the "Bonus" data "Upgrade" removed.
    Yeah I took a look at Verizonís single line plans, and what Iím paying now for 12 GB, Verizon will only give me 2 GB. Iím still getting a great deal with AT&T. Hoping they donít touch my plan as they doubled my plan already a while back from 6 GB to 12 GB.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I took a look at Verizonís single line plans, and what Iím paying now for 12 GB, Verizon will only give me 2 GB. Iím still getting a great deal with AT&T. Hoping they donít touch my plan as they doubled my plan already a while back from 6 GB to 12 GB.
    For all practical purposes, the GB plans are gone. They want everyone on UDPs, even though most people have no use for UDPs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    For all practical purposes, the GB plans are gone. They want everyone on UDPs, even though most people have no use for UDPs.
    Mine went from 20GB to 35GB for the $10. I am ok with this though.

I was on the 20GB retention plan.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bglf83 View Post
    Mine went from 20GB to 35GB for the $10. I am ok with this though.

I was on the 20GB retention plan.
    The problem is that most people on the per GB plans have plenty of data already, otherwise they would already be on a higher plan, or more likely, a UDP. We got the "bonus" data removed, I hope others are able to do the same. Unfortunately, even if they let people remove it, most people won't bother to check their bill regularly and call AT&T to complain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2