Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Airalo International Data Roaming For eSIM Devices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    I was wondering about WiFi calling with an iphone that has the esim. Thanks for the information!
    I haven't been able to test it, but it should work (see the part with "With Allow Cellular Data Switching turned on, the status bar shows that Carrier 1 is using LTE, and Carrier 2 is using the cellular data of Carrier 1 and has Wi-Fi calling enabled."): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I haven't been able to test it, but it should work (see the part with "With Allow Cellular Data Switching turned on, the status bar shows that Carrier 1 is using LTE, and Carrier 2 is using the cellular data of Carrier 1 and has Wi-Fi calling enabled."): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044
    It does indeed work. But it’s not ordeal due to latency. For the US esim anyway, when using data or that phone call over esim data your call/data is routing through Europe and then back to the US. So latency is generally around 200-250ms. For calls your generally going to want under 100ms cellular wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    It does indeed work. But it’s not ordeal due to latency. For the US esim anyway, when using data or that phone call over esim data your call/data is routing through Europe and then back to the US. So latency is generally around 200-250ms. For calls your generally going to want under 100ms cellular wise
    That's a good point that I didn't think to make—it seems Airalo is sourcing some of their eSIMs from local providers, which would probably work better, but the US one is definitely in the going-to-add-to-the-latency camp.

I wonder if someone was running Visible on the physical SIM and one of the other US carriers on eSIM (T-Mobile, AT&T) if that would have similar issues in some markets where Verizon exists, but nothing else...probably?

By the way, with working-from-home in full swing, my home Comcast connection has taken a hit—speeds have dropped during the day, latency up, goes away after the "work day" window (totally understandable), but I have felt some voice issues even at 70ms.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    That's a good point that I didn't think to make—it seems Airalo is sourcing some of their eSIMs from local providers, which would probably work better, but the US one is definitely in the going-to-add-to-the-latency camp.

I wonder if someone was running Visible on the physical SIM and one of the other US carriers on eSIM (T-Mobile, AT&T) if that would have similar issues in some markets where Verizon exists, but nothing else...probably?

By the way, with working-from-home in full swing, my home Comcast connection has taken a hit—speeds have dropped during the day, latency up, goes away after the "work day" window (totally understandable), but I have felt some voice issues even at 70ms.
    It works pretty well! I had T-Mobile on esim and Verizon (Redpocket) physical sim and it’s been useful a couple of times. Still works a lot better than general google voice or other voip calling for sure over data.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score
    When driving through the US through WV (I79 & 19), VA (I77) & NC (I74), T-Mobile has no coverage but AT&T does. I've read that Airalo uses AT&T & T-Mobile and their website says T-Mobile.

Can anybody confirm which it is or does it switch from one to the other depending on coverage? Will I get service when driving the above route?
    FIDO Network

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbusguy View Post
    When driving through the US through WV (I79 & 19), VA (I77) & NC (I74), T-Mobile has no coverage but AT&T does. I've read that Airalo uses AT&T & T-Mobile and their website says T-Mobile.

Can anybody confirm which it is or does it switch from one to the other depending on coverage? Will I get service when driving the above route?
    Right now it's t-mobile only.

Back last year it was AT&T but for awhile now it's t-mobile only.

Now there is one called Redteago which I haven't tested that people claimed was AT&T

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There have also been reports on another forum that Airalo has used Vzw in the US, too. I can't confirm that the reports were accurate true, but that's what some posters said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    There have also been reports on another forum that Airalo has used Vzw in the US, too. I can't confirm that the reports were accurate true, but that's what some posters said.
    I can confirm from when I had it back in February/March, Verizon was listed with T-Mobile on the "product pages" for USA Roam and it did work. In my use, the eSIM preferred T-Mobile, but fell back on Verizon or could manually forced. The weird thing was that Verizon would display as the carrier and data would work, but there'd be no signal bars. Both show "4G" instead of LTE, which is in line with iPhones in most places around the world, too. I disabled my physical SIM for testing, hence only the missing bars displayed:

Name:  6243CA03-E11F-44E8-8314-0844C9444F14.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  12.3 KBName:  3A723501-DC11-4D73-9115-44C6EDF66B6F.jpg
Size:  18.1 KB

It appears that Verizon has been removed, and I haven't had to renew (still hanging around at home). Apparently for a short time, they were using AT&T, so I wonder if the deals for these are somewhat fluid and change due to price on the wholesale side.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm from when I had it back in February/March, Verizon was listed with T-Mobile on the "product pages" for USA Roam and it did work. In my use, the eSIM preferred T-Mobile, but fell back on Verizon or could manually forced. The weird thing was that Verizon would display as the carrier and data would work, but there'd be no signal bars. Both show "4G" instead of LTE, which is in line with iPhones in most places around the world, too. I disabled my physical SIM for testing, hence only the missing bars displayed:

Name:  6243CA03-E11F-44E8-8314-0844C9444F14.jpg
Size:  12.3 KBName:  3A723501-DC11-4D73-9115-44C6EDF66B6F.jpg
Size:  18.1 KB

It appears that Verizon has been removed, and I haven't had to renew (still hanging around at home). Apparently for a short time, they were using AT&T, so I wonder if the deals for these are somewhat fluid and change due to price on the wholesale side.
    As of the other day manually selecting Verizon results in No service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    As of the other day manually selecting Verizon results in No service.
    Yeah, and any references have been removed from the web site. While I think the service is easy to use and works pretty well, anyone getting it should understand that carriers can change and there doesn't seem to be any "grandfathering" either.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score
    I was hoping on Airalo (USA Roam). 30 day 3gb for $11.00 & RedteaGO 30 day 3gb for $22.99. Quite a difference but service comes at a price and still better than my carriers Roaming service for the US of $8.00/day for up to 10 days per billing period except my billing date is on the 13th, so for 1 full calendar month, I'd be charged for 20 days. Lucky for me, they have a cap of $150.00. LOL

All of a sudden, $22.99 is a deal but I don't see officially anywhere that RedteaGO uses AT&T

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbusguy View Post
    I was hoping on Airalo (USA Roam). 30 day 3gb for $11.00 & RedteaGO 30 day 3gb for $22.99. Quite a difference but service comes at a price and still better than my carriers Roaming service for the US of $8.00/day for up to 10 days per billing period except my billing date is on the 13th, so for 1 full calendar month, I'd be charged for 20 days. Lucky for me, they have a cap of $150.00. LOL

All of a sudden, $22.99 is a deal but I don't see officially anywhere that RedteaGO uses AT&T
    I buy it real quick and provide an update

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score

Can confirm. It works on both AT&T and T-Mobile!!! At first it default to T-Mobile. But manual selected AT&T and it worked! Carrier ID shows RedTeaGO with each BUT trying to making a call and getting a AT&T error message confirmed it’s on AT&Ts network

But speeds and latency are pretty bad. As everything is routed through HongKong

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report, hyelton!

Is RedteaGO only for iPhones? https://www.redteago.com/ only only seems to mention iPhone info. Does that mean Android eSIM phones won't work with RedteaGO?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast