Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Airalo International Data Roaming For eSIM Devices

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the report, hyelton!

Is RedteaGO only for iPhones? https://www.redteago.com/ only only seems to mention iPhone info. Does that mean Android eSIM phones won't work with RedteaGO?
    Not sure would love to test it. But the S20 sold from Samsung fooled everyone about its esim feature that doesn't exist

It should work as there is an app on the Playstore for it though for phones that support it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    I guess it was mostly just out of curiosity, as RedteaGO is another option to Airalo, which I started this thread about.

I have a Pixel 3a XL, and will probably be using an Airalo eSIM at some point, although it will be later than originally planned due to current travel restrictions.

Sadly, there have been some significant Airalo price increases for Canada and some European locations recently.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

I'm currently using an iPhone SE 2020 that has esim capability. I posted earlier in this thread about my experiences using an Airalo German esim back in March. Airalo customer service was excellent in helping me get the German esim set up and functioning, even though the problems were caused by me.

This summer I was visiting family and added an Airalo Roam USA sim to my iPhone so I had additional data to use as a hotspot for work. The provider showed as Starhub and was on the Tmobile network. The esim worked fine, but would only get 4g. That was fine for what I needed to do with work.

That esim expired and a couple months later I renewed it for a trip out west. Again, the provider was Starhub and service was through Tmobile at 4g speeds. While on my trip I received an email from Airalo saying they were cancelling the Roam USA esim mid-November and switching to a new provider. They offered to refund any remaining data on my esim. I only had about 500mb left on the esim and would use that up while on my trip.

I have to say I am impressed with their customer service and have been extremely happy using their Roam USA esim and their German esim.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    ...This summer I was visiting family and added an Airalo Roam USA sim to my iPhone so I had additional data to use as a hotspot for work. The provider showed as Starhub and was on the Tmobile network. The esim worked fine, but would only get 4g. That was fine for what I needed to do with work.

That esim expired and a couple months later I renewed it for a trip out west. Again, the provider was Starhub and service was through Tmobile at 4g speeds. While on my trip I received an email from Airalo saying they were cancelling the Roam USA esim mid-November and switching to a new provider. They offered to refund any remaining data on my esim. I only had about 500mb left on the esim and would use that up while on my trip.
    Just a few things to add that I've observed, their data indicator shows "4G" in LTE places, "3G" in 3G/HSPA places, like most carriers in Europe. Back when Airalo roamed on Verizon & T-Mobile, it was a little weird to see "Verizon 4G" on my phone.

As for the change in November, I think that has to do with the change that has already happened (I couldn't renew a lapsed eSIM and asked, they said I'd have to get a new one)—it looks like Roam USA has added AT&T as a roaming option, so it'll be T-Mobile and AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ecs0013,

I just checked the Airalo website and see that they do in fact list AT&T and Tmobile as the provider for their Roam USA esim. Excellent news.

They did mention that the old Roam USA esim (with Starhub) will not work after November 15.

Eric

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5