Thread: Tracfone J7 Crown on sale at Best Buy for $49.99

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Tracfone J7 Crown on sale at Best Buy for $49.99

In case anyone is interested.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wait about 18 days and Target Black Friday price for the Crown will be $44.99. All the BF ads are not even out yet.

Feedback Score
    Can I buy a Net10 annual plan Verizon network sim at eBay and use it in this phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Wait about 18 days and Target Black Friday price for the Crown will be $44.99. All the BF ads are not even out yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Can I buy a Net10 annual plan Verizon network sim at eBay and use it in this phone ?
    As I understand it, yes.
    But if you use a BYOP SIM, the SIM will be active, not the phone, so they won't unlock it after 12 months of active use.
    I only worry about that sort of thing with my phones that have value, and only my iPhones are worth anything, but they're not worth a lot of money either as they's a SE and a 6S. I wouldn't mind selling the 6S, I can only use one iPhone as there are some things I need my 2nd phone to be Android for.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post

You should be able to get any Tracfone Family Company phone re-branded to operate with the airtime of another Tracfone Family Company. Normally the IMEI and SIM s/n are already tied together in the Tracfone system and will attempt to activate (and fail) with the included SIM if Tracfone is not alerted to the change. I am not familiar with the airtime/SIM from Net 10 so I can not advise you on it, but it may be a potential kink in activating.

How much do you know about SIM swapping?

The Crown is not a DL model so it is made specifically for CDMA or GSM. Pay attention to the model number when looking around to purchase. S757BL is for AT&T or T-Mobile, S767VL is for Verizon.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    It's probably mentioned in another thread (by Yeswap I believe), but Dollar General will be offering the Total Wireless version of the J7 (assuming the Crown) for $30 on BF weekend. Can be used on the sister companies. I may get a couple to use on PPC at that price if my local store has them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    It's probably mentioned in another thread (by Yeswap I believe), but Dollar General will be offering the Total Wireless version of the J7 (assuming the Crown) for $30 on BF weekend. Can be used on the sister companies. I may get a couple to use on PPC at that price if my local store has them.
    The ad was too blurry to read which J7 model and the sale price is probably with an airtime purchase.
    They may allow a Tracfone airtime purchase, but what airtime will they have left for sale when all will want the cheapest.
    They will post a cleared ad when it`s available.