Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Battery health maximum capacity

Hello everyone, so does the battery health maximum capacity ever go lower than 73% on the iPhone? Mine has been in 73% for I below over six months, and since hasn't degraded anymore 🤷🏼*♂️.

Anyone have any old iphone batteries that are worse than 73% max capacity?!

Phone
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    I recently replaced my 6S battery at 57%. It had had about 1700 charges and would give 1 - 2 hours of use after a 2.5 hour charge.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that cell phone batteries typically last 2-3 years before it is time to replace them. Often, when the phone is older, it may be cheaper to replace the phone then try to get a replacement battery installed. Often those replacement batteries won't be OEM and may not last as long.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    I had a friend that retired his 6 at 40%.
    3Utools is great for seeing cycles an making ringtones etc, it only runs on PC
    or coconut battery if you run MAC stuff

Phone
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    It seems that the iPhone batteries don't last as long as they used to. I replaced my iPhone 6 battery at just under 2 years before I gave it to my brother in law 3 years ago. The iPHone 5 I had before that bulged 2 years ago (It had lasted 5 years). My sister's 2 year old SE shut down recently, and now says it needs service. My current X says service at 2 years.

My iPhone 4 never needed a replacement battery. The 3G didn't either, but that phone wasn't used as long either since it was obsolete so fast.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It seems that the iPhone batteries don't last as long as they used to. I replaced my iPhone 6 battery at just under 2 years before I gave it to my brother in law 3 years ago. The iPHone 5 I had before that bulged 2 years ago (It had lasted 5 years). My sister's 2 year old SE shut down recently, and now says it needs service. My current X says service at 2 years.

My iPhone 4 never needed a replacement battery. The 3G didn't either, but that phone wasn't used as long either since it was obsolete so fast.
    I’m convinced the new batteries aren’t as good. I had similar experience

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Part of the problem is that there haven't been any major battery technology developments in the past few years and we are using our phones to do more tasks almost exponentially.

In addition, most consumers don't want to pay more for their phone than they have to (not that I don't think the phone manufacturers are making obscene profits).

Phone
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    So the last 2 phones of mine that I used exclusively for 2 years each have had battery issues. The 1 in between was only 1 year (I still have it, but it is a backup phone that isn't always on) is still fine.

My Mini 4 needs a new battery at some point. I replaced it for day to day use with an iPad Pro, so it hasn't been in any rush to get repaired.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, the battery is the weakest link for most cell phones.