Thread: Per Red Pocket C/S, renewal PINS *do* stack (fingers crossed)

Feedback Score

Per Red Pocket C/S, renewal PINS *do* stack (fingers crossed)

For as long as I have been following Red Pocket here there has been confusion about whether or not renewal PINS stack onto existing plan expirations. Since I am coming to the end of my second annual plan this month I followed up on this with RP chat.

As usual the information on the customer page is confusing. I have a "payment due" date of 11/21, along with a "last expiration date" of 11/21, but with a plan expiration date of 11/25. C/S did not really explain the difference between the dates but affirmed that service would continue on the existing plan until 11/25.

They also affirmed that the renewal PIN I was sent by email after purchasing the same plan on ebay *would* stack. So I have applied it but the dates did not change on the webpage even though the renewal PIN was now registering as "used."

So back to chat where I was told the new PIN *was* in the system and would update my renewal to November 2020 as of the current plan expiration on 11/25.

Like all things RP I have to take them at their word but at least I have found chat more capable of resolving these ongong backend quirks better than phone c/s used to be able to. Chat also came online immediately, so there's that.

So should you use a renewal PIN early and hopes it stacks? I'll let you know if it doesn't

Feedback Score
    Both of mine show a Payment Due Date of 11/19/2019, a Plan Expiration Date of 11/19/2019 with a Last Expiration Date of
    11/19/2019. I wonder why yours shows differing dates?

Feedback Score
    Well, it did stack, but typical of RP the final expiration date is wrong. I have had to request a manual adjustment of end dates repeatedly for different accounts. Their back end systems have been and still are a mess.

I've also got the dreaded stick voicemail notification and nothing RP has tried solves it. Sigh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Lets hope the monthly auto renew works correctly for you. Few years ago I had issues with this. Took many months to get it to finally work correctly.

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philovance View Post
    Well, it did stack, but typical of RP the final expiration date is wrong. I have had to request a manual adjustment of end dates repeatedly for different accounts. Their back end systems have been and still are a mess.

I've also got the dreaded stick voicemail notification and nothing RP has tried solves it. Sigh.
    Thanks remembering to come back to confirm it all worked out. I'm about to do the same thing on 2 phones.

Also the dates on my plan are incorrect too.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Can confirm that renewal do stack of going to same plan. Dates are correct too

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

If you CHANGE annual (360 plans) plans when you renew, the renewal does NOT stack. I had a 500/500/500 plan with an expiration of December 23, 2019. I bought a renewal for the 100/100/500 and applied it today. My new expiration date is December 1, 2020.

I asked through chat about this and they said if the plan is the same, it would stack. If the plan is different, it would change at the time the renewal is applied.

Eric

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Useful info. Sort of doesn't make sense - with page plus for example, iirc, when you upgraded to a larger plan, it would take effect immediately, otherwise at the end of the cycle.

Feedback Score
    I just watched my friend apply a PIN for the annual plan 500min/500text/500MB data to his Red Pocket account (using the "already have a PIN to apply" button). His current plan was a 30-day 500/500/500 plan that was on auto-renew. Red Pocket did not stack it, so the definition of "must be the same plan to stack" means that same plan time duration, minutes, text and data all have to match. Going from a 30-day plan to an annual plan even though everything else is the same counts as a different plan to Red Pocket computers.

Last month, I bought the annual unlim talk, text and 5GB data plan on ebay and applied the PIN to my existing account whose current annual unlim talk, text and 5GB was expiring, and it did stack.

Feedback Score
    Well at least it's better. But I think PINs should stack in all instances.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I had a "different" plan I renewed with a new annual plan. New plan started immediately (as stated above). I contacted RP CS and they reset the old plan to expiration, (1 month) and said to use the PIN at the end of that plan.

I asked why not have a button on the renewal page for apply PIN now, or apply pin at current plan expiration.

Seems simple enough.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    On the back end, it probably not so simple. I don't think they have an automated system and I would not be surprised it's all done manually. I think these 1 year Plans are really 12 individual 30 day plans that they apply to your account.

Add to that the complexity of people wanting to switch from 1 carrier to another and you have the makings of a royal mess.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app