Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Legere leaving T-Mobile for WeWork?

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

John Legere leaving T-Mobile for WeWork?

The stories are making the rounds, that John is "in talks" with WeWork, considering the CEO position.

I think his leadership would be sorely missed at Tmo.

Also, what the HELL is WeWork and why would anyone ever want to be their CEO ??? Haha. Don't do it John, if Masayoshi Son has had his fingers in it... it's stagnant and dieing.

Hey gang, what's the word on this development ?

Wochit Business: Can This Man Save WeWork? SoftBank Wants To Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFwvspNeKnk

Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to add...

WeWork is owned by SoftBank. You might remember them as the most recent owners of Sprint. It's a company that's run by Masayoshi Son - an imbecile who talks about having a 500 year plan for his company while constantly losing billions and lacking any real vision beyond perpetual, rampant, crony capitalism.

Here's a good article about Masayoshi Son's SoftBank and what they do.....

https://www.businessinsider.com/soft...ailure-2019-11

Dear John Legere... I know you're thinking it might be a challenge to try to turn a fledgling company around (as you did with T-Mobile), but there's no need to go and sign your soul away to a SoftBank entity.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't want to see john go but I think mike will do a good job taking over.

I think john can choose a better place to go to than that. If moving on that would be my last choice

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    The stories are making the rounds, that John is "in talks" with WeWork, considering the CEO position.

I think his leadership would be sorely missed at Tmo.

Also, what the HELL is WeWork and why would anyone ever want to be their CEO ??? Haha. Don't do it John, if Masayoshi Son has had his fingers in it... it's stagnant and dieing.

Hey gang, what's the word on this development ?

Wochit Business: Can This Man Save WeWork? SoftBank Wants To Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFwvspNeKnk

You are clueless. Wework has money and they want it to fix the company like he did with T-Mobile. Don't forgot TMO was dieing when he first started.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    You are clueless. Wework has money and they want it to fix the company like he did with T-Mobile. Don't forgot TMO was dieing when he first started.

That's the problem. If Legere jumps ship, there isn't anyone else in the industry, unless perhaps they pass the baton to an internal person such as Sievert or Neville Ray to take over ala Apple (Jobs to Cook). If they don't, then I can see this merger slowing down and 5G will not be as readily available than if Legere were at the helm. I think that Leger would stand to make a boat load more money by staying with the New Tmobile than jumping to some other company at this point in his life. I've really only stayed with T-mobile over the last couple of years because I like Leger's vision for the company and the wireless industry and the fact that he has made wireless more affordable with more perks. If that mantra goes away with someone else at the helm, I'd reconsider my business relationship with T-mobile and probably consider AT&T again.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    That's the problem. If Legere jumps ship, there isn't anyone else in the industry, unless perhaps they pass the baton to an internal person such as Sievert or Neville Ray to take over ala Apple (Jobs to Cook). If they don't, then I can see this merger slowing down and 5G will not be as readily available than if Legere were at the helm. I think that Leger would stand to make a boat load more money by staying with the New Tmobile than jumping to some other company at this point in his life. I've really only stayed with T-mobile over the last couple of years because I like Leger's vision for the company and the wireless industry and the fact that he has made wireless more affordable with more perks. If that mantra goes away with someone else at the helm, I'd reconsider my business relationship with T-mobile and probably consider AT&T again.
    I think mike will be a pretty good replacement though. Not quite as charismatic as John and maybe not the salesman but I think he’s capable of doing the job and can continue whatever uncarrier stuff they may do (if any) at that point

I’ll be surprised if John leaves any time soon especially during the T-Mobile sprint deal in process, but crazier things have happened

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think mike will be a pretty good replacement though. Not quite as charismatic as John and maybe not the salesman but I think he’s capable of doing the job and can continue whatever uncarrier stuff they may do (if any) at that point

I’ll be surprised if John leaves any time soon especially during the T-Mobile sprint deal in process
    His contract doesn't end until April, so he will not be leaving before then. He will not leave until the merger closes.

Feedback Score
    His contract doesn't end until April, so he will not be leaving before then. He will not leave until the merger closes.
    Ok I'll bite. When is the merger closing?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

That’s good.

Hopefully he will stay. If I was him I would work out a deal to stay on as a consultant, with no travel requirements, mike can run it, John can give creative input and still be the video voice of the company

They could work it out where he wouldn’t step on mikes toes but would complement what mike brings to the table while still adding that uncarrier vibe people are used to with John

At a minimum keep him on the board etc. not sure what dt policies are for something like that but he could have his cake and icing at this point with T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Ok I'll bite. When is the merger closing?
    Court day is Dec 9th so should know after that

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Court day is Dec 9th so should know after that

Yes, I suspect that there will be a settlement on the proverbial "courthouse steps." It'll be a win-win for T-Mo and the States.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I suspect that there will be a settlement on the proverbial "courthouse steps." It'll be a win-win for T-Mo and the States.
    I think the same way.

Feedback Score
    Don't think its necessary at this point. After the recarrier launch event the AGs are grasping straws and haven nothing to go by but the generic hurr dur jobs when sprint is bleeding those jobs as is. Building an argument at this point is a pure nightmare for AGs which I think is what tmobile banks on. If you cant build a case, you have no case.

Besides, they might have strings and snuggles with the judge. If they don't make any more deals, clearly they're signaling pure confidence that this case will get overturned.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Don't think its necessary at this point. After the recarrier launch event the AGs are grasping straws and haven nothing to go by but the generic hurr dur jobs when sprint is bleeding those jobs as is. Building an argument at this point is a pure nightmare for AGs which I think is what tmobile banks on. If you cant build a case, you have no case.

Besides, they might have strings and snuggles with the judge. If they don't make any more deals, clearly they're signaling pure confidence that this case will get overturned.
    I think the states will try but seems like their case has pretty much dwindled at this point.

With what T-Mobile offered the other day I think it really pokes holes in the states case but they seem arrogant enough to try and get more concessions out of T-Mobile even with a weak case. I could still vision them trying to bargain up until the court date

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast