Thread: Delayed receiving Google Voice Hangouts messages using Red Pocket AT&T

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, but will dump them August 2011
    Feedback Score

Question Delayed receiving Google Voice Hangouts messages using Red Pocket AT&T

Several times now my phone (Google Pixel 3a) will ding at me notifying I have a message on Hangouts. However I look at it and the received time is usually around 20 minutes prior. This happens from both people that are sending me messages without Hangouts (their sms to my google voice number) and with Hangouts (data direct to my google voice number).

I'm stationary with a full LTE signal, so I don't think that's the culprit. I'm not in battery saver mode either. I've cleared the cache on Hangouts but it still happens.

Anyone experience this before? Is it an issue with Red Pocket? My phone? Hangouts? Google Voice? Signal? What?!?!?!

Help!

Feedback Score
    I had a similar issue with RP ATT and never solved it. I switched carriers. Their Verizon service was fine.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, but will dump them August 2011
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Hangouts is going away? Hmm. Google Messages shows my carrier number so that won't work. I can use Google Voice to send messages and it'll show my GV number so I guess I might be switching over to GV messages. What an absolute cluster F!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what will happen with the Hangouts app in the future, but until Google fixes the Google Voice app, I'm not switching as long as it keeps working!

I'm not having any problems with delayed texts sent from numbers on the Vzw or T-Mobile network using my GV # with Hangouts using data only SIMs on the AT&T or T-Mobile networks, primarily on my Moto E4 XT1768. Just fyi...

I certainly hope it's not your Pixel 3a because if the price gets low enough this holiday season, I'm planning to get one!

If you're using Hangouts using only the cellular data on RP AT&T as you stated, I can't imagine how RP AT&T could be preventing Hangouts from working correctly if all other apps using cellular data works properly.

As to what IS causing your issue, I really wish I had a suggestion, but I don't know.

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna say this is a phone/OS issue

I have an Essential using GSMA, and I have delayed msg issues w Signal (the most), Hangouts, sometimes TG and WhatsApp msgs even

Wifi, data, w/e (seems exacerbated when on WiFi only, IOW, data off)... I need a fresh re-install but haven't taken the time to do it..