Thread: Retrieving backup afer factory reset

Feedback Score

Retrieving backup afer factory reset

I was having trouble with my SG5 and finally got it stable enough to reset. It was rebooting over and over. It started doing the same thing even after I reset it, but seems to be stabilized now.
    I took the advice of one site to copy and paste contents of phone to desktop computer. I opened phone and dragged whatever was there to folder on desktop. I also backed up to google (apparently) but can't figure out how to get what's there. Most of my stuff is gone. What I'm most concerned with is phone contacts, text Messages, and Memos. I thought they would be included in what I dragged to my computer. Any clues how to do this?

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Were you by chance signed into your Samsung account on your phone before you reset it? If so, when you sign back in it should ask to restore everything you had on your phone, including text messages. A Google backup isn't as thorough but should restore your contacts and your apps. Did you try either of those?

Feedback Score

Google and Samsung hijacked phone

No such luck. But both google and Samsung have taken over many functions of the phone - replacing apps with their own and wanting me to agree to a 5,000 word 'agreement' to use it. Changed my wallpaper - and no matter how many times I change it back in Settings - it reverts back to google's. How vile!
    Last edited by Yod12; 11-22-2019 at 11:25 PM.